• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Account issue

majosc94

Lurker
Jul 5, 2013
Ohio
Hello,
I just bought/activated a Samsung Galaxy Stellar a few days ago, have barely done anything with it, and I already have a major problem.

• Anything Google-related has stopped working: gmail, google talk, google+, etc. Youtube still works, fortunately, but I cannot log in.
  • The option to add a google account under [settings]-->[add account] is non-existant.
  • The worst part is, the google play store app has completely disappeared, so I cannot download any apps whatsoever. Even using a computer to install an app manually doesn't work, as it seems the device no longer responds to google's syncs.

The only possible lead I have is that the Touch stopped working, causing the phone to restart itself. Only then did I discover the Google havoc that had ensued.

Thanks,
Matt

(Other potentially important information:
I have only installed Twitter, Vine, Snapchat, Skype, Songza and Duolingo; no others.
I have tried turning Sync on and off, to no avail.
The google account worked perfectly up until this Touch incident.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones