• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Apps Hosted Email Problem

I'm in the exact same situation but cannot get the IMAP setup to take on my new LG Optimus V.

Those Google instructions linked here by TVCCS say to enter my "full Gmail address and password". But what we're talking about here is not an email address ending in gmail.com. Rather what I'm trying to set up is my Google Apps hosted account, which uses the Gmail web interface. However when I enter that login (bethbotts@bethbotts.com) the phone's IMAP setup routine says it cannot establish a link to the underlying Google IMAP server. What am I missing here?

Upvote 0
I'm in the exact same situation but cannot get the IMAP setup to take on my new LG Optimus V.

Those Google instructions linked here by TVCCS say to enter my "full Gmail address and password". But what we're talking about here is not an email address ending in gmail.com. Rather what I'm trying to set up is my Google Apps hosted account, which uses the Gmail web interface. However when I enter that login (bethbotts@bethbotts.com) the phone's IMAP setup routine says it cannot establish a link to the underlying Google IMAP server. What am I missing here?

Are you using manual setup after you enter your login info to manually put in the proper server settings?

Upvote 0

I set up a Google apps hosted account using the GMAIL app, not the regular email app, and I didn't have to do the manual setup. GMail app recognized it as a GMail account and set everything up automatically. Try it; can't hurt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones