• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps Issue

Yathushan

Hi, I seem to have noticed when I start the day. Use Astro File Manager's Prcoess Viewer to shutdown every task on my phone to conserve battery. All that is usually left running is Dialer, Android system, and android keyboard. I have used APNdroid to shut off the internet and I use the power widget to turn off syncs and GPS. Even so at the end of the day, I check the process manager to see that maps and my uploads are running even though I have not used the phone. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this and if so does it affect battery life??

Hi, I seem to have noticed when I start the day. Use Astro File Manager's Prcoess Viewer to shutdown every task on my phone to conserve battery. All that is usually left running is Dialer, Android system, and android keyboard. I have used APNdroid to shut off the internet and I use the power widget to turn off syncs and GPS. Even so at the end of the day, I check the process manager to see that maps and my uploads are running even though I have not used the phone. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this and if so does it affect battery life??
dont keep wasting your time manually killing processes, most of them are background and do not cause much issue with battery life.

as for maps, makesure lattitude is turned off

Back
Top Bottom