• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Maps/Navigation Glitchy after ICS

mbb

Lurker
Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
I just got a Fusion 2 to replace my broken Samsung S2 Skyrocket. Using the information on this forum, I have successfully rooted it and installed SlimBean 4.2.2. I backed up and restored my 3G/IMEI. So, everything is great...

...except for Google Maps. I use the Navigation feature often while driving, and since upgrading to the ICS baseband, it locks up and gets glitchy, bringing functionality to zero. Navigation did work when I was on the stock Gingerbread ROM. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought it might be a problem with SlimBean, so I flashed CyanogenMod 10 and 10.1, as well as SlimBean 4.1.2, but Navigation acted the same on all of these ROMs. Any help would be appreciated!

I just got a Fusion 2 to replace my broken Samsung S2 Skyrocket. Using the information on this forum, I have successfully rooted it and installed SlimBean 4.2.2. I backed up and restored my 3G/IMEI. So, everything is great...

...except for Google Maps. I use the Navigation feature often while driving, and since upgrading to the ICS baseband, it locks up and gets glitchy, bringing functionality to zero. Navigation did work when I was on the stock Gingerbread ROM. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought it might be a problem with SlimBean, so I flashed CyanogenMod 10 and 10.1, as well as SlimBean 4.1.2, but Navigation acted the same on all of these ROMs. Any help would be appreciated!

I noticed the same problem with google maps. Sometimes some apps also glitch when opening. It kind of looks like if you were maximize & restore a window back and forth like 10 times.

I think something may be wrong with the video driver thats loaded.

Maybe try installing the gingerbread version of maps? I dont know if that will work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones