• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Messages

AugieTN

Retired IBEW
Google has added so much crap to where you type a message on Google Messages it's hard to type or read a message you are typing due to a lack of space. This is really stupid. The space between smile face and the picture icon is all the space you get for your typing message. A long word or a couple of words and it scrolls down

Screenshot_20240523-125228.png

Yeah but when you type, it will just drop down to the next line so it's still easy to read. The bubble will just be that much bigger.

For me is not an issue especially if I fold out my z fold 4 to the bigger screen. Even folded up, the small screen is ok for me to type.

Have you tried other messaging apps?

It's really not that easy to read, you have to scroll to get the message and there is either one long word or a couple of words per line. That's dumb. Maybe it's different on your fold

No, I haven't tried any other messaging app. I want to use RCS. After some googling, I saw that Google is going to fix it, so I'll just wait for the fix. I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet

I've been a Samsung fan boy for a long time now and have always used their stock messaging app. It works and I've not felt the need to try something different. Maybe I'm missing out on something cool but I just read and send texts and have had zero problems with that. Smart switch has always managed to move my text threads to my upgraded Samsung without any special effort which I have also enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom