• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store Errors

Goodspike

Android Expert
Dec 28, 2010
Seattle
I had a problem with the Play Store on my wife's Galaxy S4. I thought I'd report the fix.

The first issue was an error: DF-BPA-10 when starting a download. One site suggested uninstalling updates in for the Play Store, and that just resulted in a new error: RPC:S-5:AEC-0. I would also get server errors when starting a download.

Then I remembered the night before I had started to download a paid app, but stopped when I realized she didn't have a credit card assigned to her account. Going back and finishing that purchase made all the problems magically go away. I think it was stuck on asking for payment on an app and wouldn't download any apps! Whatever, it's fixed without doing a factory reset (advise others were given in various threads).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones