• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store Problem

MartyDC

Jul 26, 2019
My problem is weird. I've had my ASUS tablet for many months. Never had any issue with using the Play Store app. All of sudden, it wouldn't let me load an update on a game I've been playing for years. Turns out, I can't download ANYTHING. App opens just fine but anything I pick goes into "pending" mode and stays there.
I've disabled it and enabled. Makes no difference. I'm out of ideas.

what asus tablet do you have? how much space do you have? do you have an sd card?
It's a ZenPad Z10, model P00I. It uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 CPU with 6 cores. It's got 3.6 GB of System storage and 23 GB of internal storage, 10GB of which is free. It also has a 15GB SD card with nothing on it.

The PlayStore app went from "no problem" to "not working". The frustrating thing is that unlike regular apps, you can't uninstall the PlayStore. In any case it's not like it won't open. Everything works fine until you try to download something. Then you go into "pending" mode and never get out.

Upvote 0
Turns out the older Z301 has version 35.1 of PlayStore, while the newer ZT500 has version 33.0.
I have no idea how to "update" the play store app.
Simple a child can figure it out, just pull down by the apps and see if it needs to udpate, if not by pressing a download link..erm what?
I feel so sleepy..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones