• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Search Widget with 2.0.1 Update??

Danius

Lurker
Hey everyone. First time poster.

I am using the Motorola Droid and I just manually updated to the 2.0.1 firmware. Since updating (about 20 minutes ago) the Google Search Widget doesn't sit flush against the top status/notification bar on my home screen. It's kind of offset a little bit below it.

Call me OCD but this is really buggin me. :eek: Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix it???

Thanks a lot.

I'm having this problem too. I would love to figure out a way to make it flush with the top of the screen like before!

Yeah I ended up moving it off of my main home page as well. I mean it's really not a big deal as you can just hit the "hard search" button at it will come up. I kind of liked it displayed on my home screen

Oh well.

You know, it took me forever to find someone else who had the same problem. Yeah, I'm OCD, i know it, but that's what keeps my life in order... the offsetting of the gadgey-widgey-whooza-ma-whatzit really irks me. I loved having it there just for whenever i'd need it, but I had to throw it away in order to have the fung-shui of a simple phone layout cohesive once again. If anyone finds a fix before googz sends another update to fix it, pls email me or post here, send my a letter, use a telegraph if u got one, i'll get the message, dont worry lol

Yo everyone, so I found a solution but its gonna cost you. If you download Open Home (for $3.99) it will fix this issue and provide you with a google search widget that actually sits flush on the home screen. The program is really good however and provides a really customizable interface and a lot of other really cool features. Last350 - The program will also help with your quest for a fung-shui layout I'm sure

I believe they moved it slightly down so it wasnt as easy to hit it when doing the Notification bar at top. And yes, it sorta bugged me to, such is life, I will get used to it... Wont I?

wish Google would allow you to drop shortcuts/widgets where ever you want not just to the "snap to" points it has.

I've been having this issue as well. Even further, mine will now "freeze" after a couple uses of the search button. Then when I try to drag it to the trash it will say the process has stopped working. I think there's a bug there.

As mentioned above, i just removed it from the home screen and use the button if i need to search anything.

I got kinda used to it now as i like a very clutter free clean home screen.

Back
Top Bottom