• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Sky Does Not Work On The GT540..?

It is nearly 11pm.

Yet Google Sky is telling me it is below me near my feet (ie) on the other side of the world at the moment.

I have GPS turned on, and I think my compass in the phone is working ok as a compass app finds North perfectly.

Anyone got this problem with Google Sky on their GT540.

Its a great app but for me is just light years away (excuse the pun) on accuracy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(UPDATE)
This morning I can see the sun in the sky and Google Sky pinpoints it perfectly, so why was it showing the moon in the wrong hemisphere last night?
 
Just posting a solution I found to this...

KNOWLEDGE!

I learned something today that I didnt know, and I am betting ALOT of other people out there didnt know or realise either.

The moon does not always show in sky at night, not even if you go outside (UK) on a clear night at around 3am.

On the day in question in my original post - the moon rises up over the horizon at 4:07am. So that is why Google Sky showed it below the horizon at 11pm.

So, thats it really. Google Sky DOES work perfect on the gt540.

:-)
 
Back
Top Bottom