• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Talk video chat?

Roaddog

So far I havent been able to get the video chat feature in the Google Talk app to work. It looks like it's trying to place a call and connect on my end but when my fiance tries to answer on her phone there's no video connection (just black) and the call never connects on my end. Is this one of those apps that 4.0x borked and needs some tweaking before it will work again? Are we doing something wrong? If it doesnt currently work anyone know of an easy video chat app that DOES work on the GNex and the Thunderbolt both?

Any help appreciated. We've got to spend a month several states apart and sometimes seeing the face that goes with the voice is much more comforting and helps with the loneliness much mord than a simple phone call.

I have not had any problem's on mine while others were on their computer. I have not tried another phone. How about trying yours while she is on a computer. Although this doesn't help your request, it helps problem solve if the issue is on your end.

Good idea. Tomorrow I'll have her try and connect with her laptop and see if that works any better.

Mine works with other computers as well. I also tested it with my Toshiba Thrive, and the SGN played well with it also.

My wife and I have tried phone to phone (works great!) and phone to computer. On the computer you need to install the video plugin, takes a few seconds. I think I tried to initiate the call from the notebook and it prompted me for the plugin installation (chrome). Worked fine after that.

The effects stuff is pretty cool to play with. Kids loved it!

I can do PC to phone. (Tested it at work today.) So it seems that the issue isn't with the phone or how I'm using the app. Not sure why it won't play nice with the fiance's Thunderbolt though. I have a sneaking suspicion that the issue is on her end (possibly operator error.) However, I value my relationship, so expressing that concern is out of the question.

I'll try tonight and see if she can do the phone to PC video chat tonight. If that doesn't work, then I know for sure she's doing something wrong and there's a window of opportunity to try and figure out what exactly she's doing/not doing.

Back
Top Bottom