• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet

2prevail

Android Enthusiast
If you have the BOOST force than you may have noticed that Google Wallet was incompatible with our devices. Well Boost has allowed the service and we now have full access to Google Wallet! Cheers ladies and gentlemen!!

Note the rule still applies that when flashing ROMs, this means switching ROMs, upgrading ROMs, anything that has to do with ROMs (even flashing gapps) you must remove/deactivate your device from the Google wallet service or your phone will end up like mines! :(

Note the rule still applies that when flashing ROMs, this means switching ROMs, upgrading ROMs, anything that has to do with ROMs (even flashing gapps) you must remove/deactivate your device from the Google wallet service or your phone will end up like mines! :(

Did you brick? If so was it a hard brick or a soft brick?

No. What happens is there's a security layer that breaks and it's unfixable, and if that security later breaks you won't be able to use Google wallet with your phone anymore. Only way to fix it is get a new phone (or possibly new NFC chip?)

No. What happens is there's a security layer that breaks and it's unfixable, and if that security later breaks you won't be able to use Google wallet with your phone anymore. Only way to fix it is get a new phone (or possibly new NFC chip?)

O_O I had no idea that would even happen. I feel bad if something like that would happen to a nexus 4 owner, they'd be screwed

Just some background about this (note: these are not instructions for your device, just background and information about the Google Wallet secure element error):

http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/556801-google-wallet-guide-avoid-secure-element-brick-updated-5-25-13-a.html

What to do when you failed to clear Google Wallet settings on the HTC EVO 4G LTE before flashing - Pocketables

and finally, Wiping Google Wallet before flash myth debunked

I'm not an expert on this, but I remembered the GNex root thread that jmar posted (first link above) and that lead to the other ones.

Cheers and hope that was helpful!

:)

Back
Top Bottom