• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gorilla Glass / Any scratches yet?

I've had mine now for a year and there are no scratches - no screen protector, either, or case. I'm careful with it, though, and when I carry it in my wallet purse it has its own slot with a zipper.

I have a 1/4" scratch on my phone, in the lower rightquadrant of the screen. Invisible when the phones on but it bugs me. Not sure what did it. I keep the phone in a belt holster during day. At night after I change out of my work clothes it's in a sweat pants or pajama pants pocket by it's lonesome- zero chances of scratching.

I blame my kids.

Since March: I took the rubber 'bumper' case off 2 months ago (I hated hiding the phone)

No scratches, looks like new.

I've had mine a year now and NO scratches....No Screen Protector, I hate 'em
But the top left of the screen has a Crack :(.
It's been there for about 3 months and I haven't picked up any dust or moisture.
New glass is about $100 so I'm going to let it ride.

And narry a tarry 'arry' a scratch on my streak either in about a year. I think some have forgotten or did not take into consideration how phone devices changed over the years. Once upon a time, it was not a prob carrying earlier cellphones in your pockets with keys, change, gadgets and other scratchy items.

Today most smartphones ( i think) gets attached down there by all these sctatchable items including pocket lint that can plug up ports and other holes... i just dont carry narry a phone today in my pocket

been a few months since my last update, and more than 9 months without the Zagg, still no scratches. Though oil does stick to the screen more easily. I find that rainX does not work well at all. Though it is great initially, it wears away within hours. I occasionally use glass cleaner to clean my screen now (Prima Clarity, car stuff). It is a great glass cleaner, but still, the effects of it are very short lived and my attempts to keep the screen clean are almost futile.

Keeping your phone in a separate pocket is something I strongly recommend. Not sure if it is feasible for most of you, but all i do is: phone in right pocket, wallet and keys in left. But then again, my keys isn't a massive keychain with 8 different keys, a key fob and discount/membership cards up the wazoo. Simply 1 key (with keyfob built in) and a single metal flash drive... a lot easier to keep in a pocket.

been a few months since my last update, and more than 9 months without the Zagg, still no scratches. Though oil does stick to the screen more easily. I find that rainX does not work well at all. Though it is great initially, it wears away within hours. I occasionally use glass cleaner to clean my screen now (Prima Clarity, car stuff). It is a great glass cleaner, but still, the effects of it are very short lived and my attempts to keep the screen clean are almost futile.

Keeping your phone in a separate pocket is something I strongly recommend. Not sure if it is feasible for most of you, but all i do is: phone in right pocket, wallet and keys in left. But then again, my keys isn't a massive keychain with 8 different keys, a key fob and discount/membership cards up the wazoo. Simply 1 key (with keyfob built in) and a single metal flash drive... a lot easier to keep in a pocket.

Yes, me too , the glass gets oily so quick. ive found household cleanser like a damp napkin with amonia cleans it well. it stays clean for a while until the fingers gets the normal oiliness to them and transfers to the phone. i still cant see myself carrying my phone in my pocket so i have a small pouch that has my charger, cable, headphones and bluetooth all in it , so i just use this as a 'wallet' and phone carrier too. ive gotten accustomed to having it with me everywere anyway. plus no in-pocket scrathes or pocket lint stuffing the ports

Yes, me too , the glass gets oily so quick. ive found household cleanser like a damp napkin with amonia cleans it well. it stays clean for a while until the fingers gets the normal oiliness to them and transfers to the phone. i still cant see myself carrying my phone in my pocket so i have a small pouch that has my charger, cable, headphones and bluetooth all in it , so i just use this as a 'wallet' and phone carrier too. ive gotten accustomed to having it with me everywere anyway. plus no in-pocket scrathes or pocket lint stuffing the ports

Surprisingly, I have not had any issues with pocket lint scratching the screen, though I do have a problem with all the plastic around it. Having a body glove, lint or dust (not quite sure what it is) gets in the crevices of the case and rub. basically the top and bottom edges of my phone are worn dull and has noticeable scratches on it. It doesn't bother me though, as you would only see it when you take off the body glove

Back
Top Bottom