• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gpart not working now??

lowkey69ac

Hey all,

So i rooted my phone and everything worked fine. However, after flashing a few custom roms it seems something may have happened (possibly on my part) to the ext partition. Everytime I tried to enabled ap2sd, it would say ext not found. So I loaded up gpart but now it wont find my phone no matter what i try? Any suggestions how I can load up gpart to see my phone so I can re-partition it?

thanks!

Boot into recovery and select mounts and storage, then select mount USB storage. Connect your phone to your computer and Gparted should now be able to see all the partitions.

yeah, I've tried that but no luck. No matter what i do, gpart wont see the card. Do i need to re-root or something?

Use a USB card reader and then try again.Gparted detects my card only on card reader .On phone it detects but I can format it.Try MiniTool Partition Wizard if you are windows user.Windows disk management cant read two partitions on one flash drive.

Most of the Notebooks today come with a built in card readers, so you can use that.

By the way, since ext is a linux partition, Gparted is more suitable to create it.
There are reports of Minitool Partition Wizard (as probably any other windows partitioning tool) messing up the ext partition.

thanks everyone. Yeah, it worked when I used the usb stick. Just wouldnt see it when I booted gpart from the cd. Weird. :confused:

thanks everyone. Yeah, it worked when I used the usb stick. Just wouldnt see it when I booted gpart from the cd. Weird. :confused:
I'm guessing the difference was the timing when you connected the card to PC and started Gparted. CD or USB boot should not make any difference, if they run the same Gparted version.

Am having the same problems here.

Just got a new SD card and went to partition it with the use of my laptop's card reader. Windows sees the card but GParted does not.

Have tried rebooting. Rescanning in Gparted. Taking the card in and out but nothing makes it visible. All I see are the 3 partitions on my hard disk.

Am reformatting the SD card now in Windows to see if that helps to make it visible but I'm clutching at straws.

Any thoughts? Am using Gparted 0.7.1 - 5 if that helps

Thanks -will try that now Worked a treat!! Just copying over the the files between cards now......snailpace....then hopefully have time to Nandroid restore to the new card tonight

Back
Top Bottom