• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS not working Right

lou61166

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2011
New Jersey
The GPS on my phone has started giving me issues,it will connect in my house but as soon as i walk outside it will not get a fix,my Garmin works fine,so a know i can get a signal,the icon stays on when it is not working and off when it is,any suggestion would help,Thanks

The GPS on my phone has started giving me issues,it will connect in my house but as soon as i walk outside it will not get a fix,my Garmin works fine,so a know i can get a signal,the icon stays on when it is not working and off when it is,any suggestion would help,Thanks

Maybe it is using your wifi only to get the lock?
Have you tried one of the GPS apps that shows the satellites and signal strength etc?

Upvote 0
Maybe it is using your wifi only to get the lock?
Have you tried one of the GPS apps that shows the satellites and signal strength etc?

I have tried everything like i said it will work in my house,but as soon as i get in my car nothing,it sometimes will give me false readings on locations when it does work,i do not know if this related but when i disconnect the Bluetooth sometimes the note that says bluetooth disconnected ill stay on and the phone reboots itself.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Okay i figured out the issue,i purchased this FM Transmitter/Car charger/Holder/Car Mount,the GPS would work fine till i plugged this device into the lighter socket in my car,the FM transmitter was causing he GPS not to get a signal,and my luck there is no switch to shut the transmitter off, so it makes it worthless.
Amazon.com: LCD Screen Display,New FM Transmitter/Car charger/Holder/Car Mount For all iP...: Electronics

It is true, but only if you set the frequency near to 87.5 or near.
Exactly on 87.5 it blinds totally my gps receiver, but as i go above 87.6/87.7, the gps starts working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones