• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS on Acer Iconia Tab A100?

bob1230

I cannot find any website which gives a detailed, official list of specs for the upcoming Acer Iconia Tab A100 (7" Android tablet.) Can you point me to one?

Will it have GPS?

I have read that it is now expected to go on sale for $300 at Walmart next month, and if it includes a GPS, this would be great.

- Robert

Seems to have GPS: Is A100 worth buying? - Page 2

I'm looking at this tablet and the Vizio 8". I just haven't found the Acer to look at anywhere. YOu get the bonus of the remote on the Vizio, but I like the form factor of the Acer much better. I'm hoping the MediaPad hits stores soon...

The Walmart one is 1GB, at least so it says in the settings.

Does anyone know how to download maps for the GPS? When I setup navigation before leaving wifi, it download only the necessary route. This is pretty awesome. however, when I decide to take a detour, the maps are not available since they were not preloaded.

So... anyone know how to get offline GPS rolling?

Does anyone know how to download maps for the GPS? When I setup navigation before leaving wifi, it download only the necessary route. This is pretty awesome. however, when I decide to take a detour, the maps are not available since they were not preloaded.

So... anyone know how to get offline GPS rolling?

Not sure what part of the world you are, in the UK there is an app called Navfree which is an offline satnav.
I use it on my Sony Xperia Play mobile.
Worth a search of your app store.

I came across this thread via google as I was interested in the Acer tablet but there was no mention of GPS on the Amazon UK listing.
:)

UPDATE
Navfree now have a free app for America, its called NavFree USA according to their UK google app store page.

Back
Top Bottom