• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Grr!

Treydude

My phone has been acting weird lately. It will randomly switch all my ringtones and text alerts to either silent or stock tones and the only way to put it back is a 15 minute reboot(waiting for all the damn load screens) or hook it up to my comp only to have it do it again a little while afterward.

Anyone else ever have this prob?

Nope, Same ones I installed shortly after I got the phone..this all started when I got rid of Launcher Pro and started using Go Launcher..Or around that time anyway.

The newest app I have is words with friends.

This morning I was listening to Pandora with my headset on and it altered my settings to silent mode except for media.

Hmm, maybe its words with friends? it has sounds to it...Really could have sworn it started before i got the game though. Guess I wait and see if they put out a patch to the game fixing sound issues.

Nothing specific to my problem, just alot of people saying it force closes and is buggy in general.

It was JUST introduced to the android market so its gonna be buggy.

I spose it could be. More than likely is..Just rather annoying to hear the stock notifications and ring tones when i spent so much time assigning all my friends their own text and tones. Or worse, all sounds will be set to silent and and will miss calls and texts.

I could get rid of the game...But its sooooo addicting!

Sometimes when my boyfriend calls it plays the ringtone set for default calls. I've got a set ringtone for him separately. I never get any stock tones though.

I dunno, recently lots of stuff seems buggy with my phone, everytime I reboot my phone i get the "your memory card has been removed" message. So to avoid that I have to remove the card and put it back in before I turn it back on.

If I was not so addicted to words with friends I would delete it to test if that is whats screwing with my tones.

I dunno, recently lots of stuff seems buggy with my phone, everytime I reboot my phone i get the "your memory card has been removed" message. So to avoid that I have to remove the card and put it back in before I turn it back on.

If I was not so addicted to words with friends I would delete it to test if that is whats screwing with my tones.
So it's either delete it or deal with it. LOL Fun. Always love being between a rock and a hard place. :P

So why don't you just uninstall it and reboot your phone and see if it helps? You can always get the game back. At least you would know for sure if thats the problem or not.

I installed Words With Friends about a week ago and I've never had anything like that happen. I mean sometimes it freezes but it never adjusted notification volumes or anything like that.

I installed Words With Friends about a week ago and I've never had anything like that happen. I mean sometimes it freezes but it never adjusted notification volumes or anything like that.

And I do not have that game installed. I finally figured out something though, When I'm doing anything that requires the data to be used through my service provider my ringtones change spontaneously. They do not change at all when I'm using wifi. Only when I am either using data (Through my service) or I am hooked up to my computer through the usb cord. Anyone else experience this?

Back
Top Bottom