• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GSII - T-Mobile?

Been with them about eight years now. No matter though - Chitter Chatter have called thir morning and have matched the deal, 18mnths, and the phone is in and will be with tomorrow. Happy!

Lucky you! But I think it's the fact that they know longer customers are going to stay with them, no matter what, hence they probably can't be bothered to give the phone to us because they get more money from shorter term customers who could easily switch. :/

f ask for your pac code. you need it when your moving to a new network and want to keep your number. As soon as you ask fire the pac code they'll do everything you ask them for. guaranteed!

f ask for your pac code. you need it when your moving to a new network and want to keep your number. As soon as you ask fire the pac code they'll do everything you ask them for. guaranteed!

right. cheers. I was just asking, but I'm on my dad's business contract and he can't be bothered to call up and do the whole haggling/negotiating thing at the moment... :-\

Daivik, try first thing tomorrow (friday) morning, the t-mobile S2 cleared quality control Monday morning, they sold 400 (including my upgrade) monday afternoon. I got mine Tuesday morning. New stock isn't coming until Friday apparently. I live in London.

Daivik, try first thing tomorrow (friday) morning, the t-mobile S2 cleared quality control Monday morning, they sold 400 (including my upgrade) monday afternoon. I got mine Tuesday morning. New stock isn't coming until Friday apparently. I live in London.

Cheers. I'll try that and hopefully they'll say they've got them in stock. :)

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!! : - O

I had an exam in the morning so I left it till 10 minutes ago...

They got a stock in this morning and then sold out by the time I had called.

Well I am a happy bunny. Got home today and my S2 had been delivered from Chitter Chatter. Such a great handset! Have been fiddling all evening with it.

I spoken to T today. It seem they're out of stock :mad: at least ive been told so.

I was told they should have new stock at the end of next week :cool:

I spoken to T today. It seem they're out of stock :mad: at least ive been told so.

I was told they should have new stock at the end of next week :cool:

Don't worry, there not lying to me, I got told that too. but get this, they got a brand new shipment in this morning...and they were all gone by afternoon - don't know if this is anything to go by, but their previous shipment was of 700-900 units. :eek::eek:

but WHATTTTT....END OF THE WEEK!!!
I HATE THE BANK HOLIDAY!!! (apparentally they get them on tuesdays and fridays, but the bank holiday probabaly cancled the tuesday one!!)

I just want the phone...it's half term as well - prime time to waste on the phone! :mad:

Android experts,

I'm in the US, but would like to get a Samsung Galaxy S2 to use with my T-mobile account. While it's not officially offered by T-mobile yet here, I've seen it being sold elsewhere by various third party companies. If I get one factory unlocked, will it work on T-mobile's 3g or faster networks? If I will only be able to use it on their 2g Edge network, then it's not worth it for me. Any insight into this will go a long way for me!

Thank you in advance.

The currently available SGS2s will NOT work on the US T-Mobile 3G network, since they don't support the 1700/2100 MHz band T-Mo USA uses.

Thanks.

Ok, so that's a bummer. But will it support the t-mobile 4g network in the US? If so, how much of a limitation is it not to have access to the 3g network? I can see how if there are areas that have 3g coverage but not 4g, and if there are more 3g coverage areas than 4g, that this could be a liability for me in terms of having access to high data transfer speeds, especially if I have to use 2g instead in those areas (if 2g is even available in those areas).

Thank you in advance.

Thanks.

Ok, so that's a bummer. But will it support the t-mobile 4g network in the US? If so, how much of a limitation is it not to have access to the 3g network? I can see how if there are areas that have 3g coverage but not 4g, and if there are more 3g coverage areas than 4g, that this could be a liability for me in terms of having access to high data transfer speeds, especially if I have to use 2g instead in those areas (if 2g is even available in those areas).

Thank you in advance.

Although it may not support 4G/LTE, it WILL be capable of 21Mpbs which is the MAX speed you get on 4G networks/LTE networks.

Although It's coming out much later, and so 4G may be included, However if not it can still reach the speeds that 4G/LTE will have.

Hi Daivik,

Thank you. But, if it won't work on 3G or 4G networks for t-mobile in the US, then how can it achieve the same speeds that one would get using T-mobile's 4G network in the US? If it doesn't end up using 4G, then would it get these high speeds via the 2G network?

Thank you.

Hi Daivik,

Thank you. But, if it won't work on 3G or 4G networks for t-mobile in the US, then how can it achieve the same speeds that one would get using T-mobile's 4G network in the US? If it doesn't end up using 4G, then would it get these high speeds via the 2G network?

Thank you.

yeah.. sorry. My whole explanation was really poor. Basically I got the completely wrong end of the stick and now thinking about it again...well what I said doesn't even make sense! So Sorry about that. I've since been corrected :)

But at least if people have incredibly fast wifi, they'll be able to make use of it with their GSII.

Hi Daivik,
Thanks for your help. The problem I have is that I have I'd like to be able to get 4G speeds outside of a hotspot area. I currently have an iphone 3gs and since I'm using custom made firmware that allows me to unlock the phone to use T-mobile, I can only use the 2G Edge network :( But, with Wifi, I can get super fast speeds. I just wish I could get these speeds without having to use Wifi.

I'm seeing listings on Craigslist in different US cities selling the Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4G speed capability. I guess they must be referring to the speeds you can get using Wifi.

I might just stick with the iphone 3gs until the Samsung galaxy S2 T-mobile variant comes out in the US: Hercules. :(

Hi Daivik,
Thanks for your help. The problem I have is that I have I'd like to be able to get 4G speeds outside of a hotspot area. I currently have an iphone 3gs and since I'm using custom made firmware that allows me to unlock the phone to use T-mobile, I can only use the 2G Edge network :( But, with Wifi, I can get super fast speeds. I just wish I could get these speeds without having to use Wifi.

I'm seeing listings on Craigslist in different US cities selling the Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4G speed capability. I guess they must be referring to the speeds you can get using Wifi.

I might just stick with the iphone 3gs until the Samsung galaxy S2 T-mobile variant comes out in the US: Hercules. :(

That's harsh times, but it'll be worth it. Who knows, the very long delay might be becase the GSII is either being upgraded to 4G. But if not, the wait won't be that long for the Hercules which is pretty much the same phone, just with a slightly bigger screen and 4G.

never understood the variation in the US cellular market. In the UK we have many carriers, but everyone uses 3G, that's it. :p At least you guys have the ability to get 4G. :/

Back
Top Bottom