• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] evo3d ruu mode issue

You could always send the phone to Scotty and let him have a crack at it, might be a little costly considering where you live. But looks like all options have been exhausted. :(

any new updates scotty?

Sorry no. :(

scotty can you take a look for this topic

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25171024

he has the same prooblem of me

but i didn't understan how he solved it..

if you can help me

I mean this>>>>

Eventually I was looking at websites on how to install the qualcomm drivers on Win7 x64, found the info that I needed (Qualcomm HS-USB 9002) and it installed as Com4, it was on the same page that I found the fastboot commands

'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0'

and then

'fastboot oem boot'

Desire restarted, showed normal white splash and has now loaded straight into the ROM, back to normal

i dont think that will be of much use to you. the original desire is a mtd device,the evo 3d is much more complex.the enableqxdm command was typically used to fix usb issues with mtd devices,IIRC,im not sure what might happen if you try and run it.

you can try "fastboot oem boot" if you want,and you can also try booting your boot image: fastboot boot boot.img if your bootloader is still unlocked.

i dont think that will be of much use to you. the original desire is a mtd device,the evo 3d is much more complex.the enableqxdm command was typically used to fix usb issues with mtd devices,IIRC,im not sure what might happen if you try and run it.

you can try "fastboot oem boot" if you want,and you can also try booting your boot image: fastboot boot boot.img if your bootloader is still unlocked.

fastboot oem boot gives the below and the white screen with htc logo comes.. does this mean anything?

C:\mini-adb>fastboot oem boot
... INFOsetup_tag addr=0x48000100 cmdline add=0x80
1E6708
INFOTAG:Ramdisk OK
INFOTAG:skuid 0x2A408
INFOTAG:hero panel = 0x940026
INFOTAG:engineerid = 0x0
INFOTAG: PS ID = 0x2
INFODevice CID is super CID
INFOCID is super CID
INFOBackup CID is empty
INFOsetting->cid::11111111
INFOserial number: HT22TV203351
INFOcommandline from head: console=ttyHSL0 androidboot.hardware=
INFOshooteru no_console_suspend=1
INFOcommand line length =585
INFOactive commandline: poweron_status=1 board_shooter_u.disable
INFO_uart3=0 diag.enabled=0 board_shooter_u.debug_uart=0 userdat
INFOa_sel=0 androidboot.emmc=true androidboot.pagesize=2048 skui
INFOd=0 ddt=20 androidboot.lb=1 androidboot.baseband=10.14.9020.
INFO06_M androidboot.cid=11111111 androidboot.batt_poweron=good
INFO_battery androidboot.carrier=ALL androidboot.mid=PG8630000 a
INFOndroidboot.keycaps=qwerty androidboot.dq=PASS androidboot.mo
INFOde=normal androidboot.serialno=HT22TV203351 androidboot.boot
INFOloader=1.49.0018 zygote_oneshot=off msm_watchdog.enable=1 co
INFOnsole=ttyHSL0 androidboot.hardware=shooteru no_console_suspe
INFOnd=1
INFOaARM_Partion[0].name=misc
INFOaARM_Partion[1].name=recovery
INFOaARM_Partion[2].name=boot
INFOaARM_Partion[3].name=system
INFOaARM_Partion[4].name=cache
INFOaARM_Partion[5].name=userdata
INFOaARM_Partion[6].name=devlog
INFOaARM_Partion[7].name=pdata
INFOaARM_Partion[8].name=radio
INFOaARM_Partion[9].name=adsp
INFOaARM_Partion[A].name=radio_config
INFOaARM_Partion.name=modem_st1
INFOaARM_Partion[C].name=modem_st2
INFOpartition number=13
INFOValid partition num=13
INFOddr_get_size: rank 0 reg = E000
INFOddr_get_size: rank 1 reg = E000
INFOddr_get_size: ddr_size = 1024
INFOTZ_HTC_SVC_SET_DDR_MPU ret = 0
INFOsmem 50006000 (phy 50006000): TZ_HTC_SVC_UPDATE_SMEM ret = 0
INFOTZ_HTC_SVC_LOG_OPERATOR ret = 0
INFOTZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 6381568 (0x616000)
INFOjump_to_kernel: machine_id(3358), tags_addr(0x48000100), ker
INFOnel_addr(0x48008000)
INFO-------------------hboot boot time:204208 msec
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 2.672s

That looks like a pretty typical output. I'm not familiar enff with to to say for sure if any of it is bad or not.

Did you also try fastboot boot boot.IMG?

from where i got the boot.img file?

oh.. sorry :o

open up the last rom or ruu that you tried to flash(use a utility such as 7 zip if you have to),and take the boot.img from that. copy it to your adb/fastboot directory.

failing that,try and think back to the last thing that flashed the system image successfully(prolly whatever you were running when the phone acted up) and try the boot.img from that.

aside from that,have you tried different usb cables and ports? maybe even a different PC to run the ruu?

also,just to make sure weve covered the basics,make sure youre not using a hub,make sure no usb 3.0,and make sure nothing is running on the PC that can interfer with the running RUU(htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,even itunes). tho i dont *think* think any of that is your issue,since the ruu wouldnt flash from the sd card either.

oh.. sorry :o

open up the last rom or ruu that you tried to flash(use a utility such as 7 zip if you have to),and take the boot.img from that. copy it to your adb/fastboot directory.

failing that,try and think back to the last thing that flashed the system image successfully(prolly whatever you were running when the phone acted up) and try the boot.img from that.

aside from that,have you tried different usb cables and ports? maybe even a different PC to run the ruu?

also,just to make sure weve covered the basics,make sure youre not using a hub,make sure no usb 3.0,and make sure nothing is running on the PC that can interfer with the running RUU(htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,even itunes). tho i dont *think* think any of that is your issue,since the ruu wouldnt flash from the sd card either.

fastboot boot boot.img gives:

C:\mini-adb>fastboot boot boot.img
creating boot image...
creating boot image - 4417536 bytes
downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY [ 0.875s]
booting... FAILED (remote: reproduce boot image with on-f
lash ramdisk error)
finished. total time: 0.875s

Definitely looks like an memory issue to me, but we will wait for Scotty

unfortunately,im out of ideas. fastboot oem boot yields a ramdisk error,ruus wont flash system,recovery rom flash yields errors. sounds like the system partition is corrupt,or has some other sort of hardware failure :(

unfortunately,im out of ideas. fastboot oem boot yields a ramdisk error,ruus wont flash system,recovery rom flash yields errors. sounds like the system partition is corrupt,or has some other sort of hardware failure :(
Hello am getting the same PROBLEM as your ! Did you able to solved your problem?

Back
Top Bottom