• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE][BOOST]Link2SD for HTC One SV

palmtree5

Sunny Vacation Supporter!
The purpose of this guide is to be able to use the external storage (whatever SD card you may be using) for apps.

WARNING: BACKUP YOUR SD CARD! DO IT NOW! IF YOU FORGET, I SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE

With that out of the way, we're ready to begin.

Author's note: I'm using CWM on my device and so instructions on partitioning are made as if the reader uses CWM also. I also have the Boost One SV.

1. Install link2sd

2. Reboot into CWM.

3. Choose "Advanced > Partition SD card"

4. Select an appropriate option for both options (you may choose to go with a minimal amount when it asks about swap size since we don't currently have swap)

5. Reboot your device

6. Open link2sd and select an appropriate option for the filesystem of the sd-ext partition (I chose ext4)

7. Move any apps to the new partition!

ISSUES: CWM doesn't seem to pick up the sd-ext partition in backups at this time. It's possible that this may be something that comes in down the road.

Credit:

The link2sd dev for creating this app
simonsimon34 for porting CWM

Can you drop the output of "mount" (without quotes) in code tags? I may have an idea of what your issue may be

If you aren't sure of how to get that, make sure your device is connected to your computer with USB debugging enabled and run "adb shell mount" (without quotes). Then copy and paste the output

Can you drop the output of "mount" (without quotes) in code tags? I may have an idea of what your issue may be

If you aren't sure of how to get that, make sure your device is connected to your computer with USB debugging enabled and run "adb shell mount" (without quotes). Then copy and paste the output

C:\android>adb shell mount
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/sys/kernel/debug on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)
none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
none on /dev/timer_group type cgroup (rw,relatime,timer_slack)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p35 on /system type ext4 (ro,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p37 on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,noauto
_da_alloc,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p36 on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,data=ordered)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 on /devlog type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,errors=conti
nue,data=ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p32 on /carrier type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,grpid,data=
ordered)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 on /firmware_radio type vfat (ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask
=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors
=remount-ro)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 on /firmware_q6 type vfat (ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=00
00,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=re
mount-ro)
DxDrmServerIpc on /data/DxDrm/fuse type fuse.DxDrmServerIpc (rw,nosuid,nodev,rel
atime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)
htcfs on /data/htcfs type fuse.htcfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_i
d=0,allow_other)
/dev/block/dm-0 on /mnt/asec/com.siriusapplications.quickboot.plus-1 type ext4 (
ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-1 on /mnt/asec/com.scannerradio_pro-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nosuid
,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-2 on /mnt/asec/com.ea.twpgatour12_NA-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nosui
d,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-3 on /mnt/asec/com.eamobile.monopoly_na_wf-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync
,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-4 on /mnt/asec/com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer-1 type ext4 (ro,dirs
ync,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-5 on /mnt/asec/com.appstar.callrecorderpro-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync
,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-6 on /mnt/asec/goody.android.finance.pro-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,n
osuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-7 on /mnt/asec/com.mhuang.overclocking-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nos
uid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-8 on /mnt/asec/com.noshufou.android.su.elite-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsy
nc,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/vold/179:65 on /storage/sdcard0 type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,no
exec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0202,dmask=0202,allow_utime=0020,codepage=
cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/vold/179:65 on /mnt/secure/asec type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,no
exec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0202,dmask=0202,allow_utime=0020,codepage=
cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /storage/sdcard0/.android_secure type tmpfs (ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=0
00)
/dev/block/vold/179:38 on /storage/sdcard0/ext_sd type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,noe
xec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=c
p437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,tz=UTC,errors=remount-ro,discard)
/dev/block/dm-9 on /mnt/asec/com.eamobile.life_na_wf-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,nos
uid,nodev,noatime)
/dev/block/dm-10 on /mnt/asec/stericson.busybox.donate-1 type ext4 (ro,dirsync,n
osuid,nodev,noatime)

C:\android>

Well, I was thinking it was the system partition being read only but I can't replicate the issue :confused:

I haven't heard many good things about partitioning your SD card out. I've heard you need a class 10 SD card for one and two even with partitioning it out eventually you'll run out of internal room and won't be able to install more programs.

I haven't heard many good things about partitioning your SD card out. I've heard you need a class 10 SD card for one and two even with partitioning it out eventually you'll run out of internal room and won't be able to install more programs.

Actually it seemed to be fine with a class 4 in my prevail

Back
Top Bottom