• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Halp

I've looked all throughout my keyboard settings & everything. Whenever I type now it is like t9 or something. Really makin me mad

Harley, calm down, take some deep breaths.

First, from the home screen go to menu, settings, Language and Keyboard, and make sure to check your preferred keyboard.
Next, open up a text box somewhere, text message or whatever. Click and hold inside the text box. A box should pop up. Click Input method and then select your prefered keyboard. You should be good to go across all text input areas until the next time you accidentally change something without realizing it.

Harley, calm down, take some deep breaths.

First, from the home screen go to menu, settings, Language and Keyboard, and make sure to check your preferred keyboard.
Next, open up a text box somewhere, text message or whatever. Click and hold inside the text box. A box should pop up. Click Input method and then select your prefered keyboard. You should be good to go across all text input areas until the next time you accidentally change something without realizing it.

+1

what they said...:rolleyes:

I've looked all throughout my keyboard settings & everything. Whenever I type now it is like t9 or something. Really makin me mad

Hey Harley, did you get your keyboard back?

I hope I didn't sound rude or arrogant with my response to you earlier. I wasn't trying to single you out or anything like YOU are going to mess stuff up without realizing it. It's just that I've "lost" my keyboard so many times now that I can just go turn it back on within seconds. It happens all the time to me. My keyboard changes, my dock bar vanishes... it just happens. Mostly 'cause I throw my phone in a pocket or in my purse or whatever without locking the screen first. Stuff gets messed up that way. To me, half the fun of having this phone is figuring out what the heck I broke this time.

I use ADW Launcher and it has an option to lock the desktop. This help keep stuff from getting changed or tossed in the trash but I forget to lock it most of the time after I move something or change the wall paper or whatever.

Anyway. I hope you are enjoying your phone and that you got your annoying keyboard problem figured out. Please don't be afraid to ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom