• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent SMS app/Picture Messages

Forgive me for the completely newb question... but how can I check to find out? If I in to settings, wireless networks, and then mobile networks, I see network mode which asks me if I wantt to use WCDMA only, gsm only, or WCDMA/GSM auto.
Can you please show me how to check for gprs?

Just for the record, here are working settings for O2 PAYG Internet and MMS. You only need one APN with the HTC Desire. This works fine on my unbranded HTC Desire.

Name: O2 MOBILE WEB
APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: payandgo
Password: password
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 9201
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
Authentication type: none
APN type: not set

Allow 30 mins or more for these settings to start working. On the Desire, they work even if there's no green dot beside the APN.
Found here O2 Forum :: View topic - HTC Desire Internet Connectivity

Someone would be a God send if they could send something exactly like that but for t mobile in the US- that worked for everyone.

A God send.

Perhaps ask in the t-mobile section on this forum?

99% of desire owners arent us based, so can't help through experience to give you the right t-mobile US settings you're looking for

found this in the evo help section....hope it helps. it helped me, and im running on an incredible. haha

Open up handcent. Then click your menu button then click Settings> Receive message settings> then go down to the category MMS retrieval settings. and check "Auto-Retrieve". Pretty sure that will do it!

Been using Handcent for months now, and never had any problems. I'm on Vodaphone.

Do you mind sharing your settings? I'm on Vodaphone as well, and am using handcent, and I've ALWAYS had this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Back