• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hands On With the Bionic

I've mirrored the pictures that the guy took here:

Bionic Pictures - Imgur

They look REALLY GOOD.

Biggest question is the battery life. Could this be the first LTE phone with that lasts more than half a day?

Don't forget to read Phandroid!

bionic-60-percent-15-hours.png

bionic-50-percent-19-hours.png

bionic-15-percent-percent-25-hours.png

Source and details: http://phandroid.com/2011/08/25/droid-bionic-shots-show-good-battery-life-on-3g/

Biggest question is the battery life. Could this be the first LTE phone with that lasts more than half a day?

I've mirrored the pictures that the guy took here:

Bionic Pictures - Imgur

They look REALLY GOOD.

Don't forget to read Phandroid!

bionic-60-percent-15-hours.png

bionic-50-percent-19-hours.png

bionic-15-percent-percent-25-hours.png

Source and details: DROID Bionic Shots Show Good Battery Life on 3G, 4G

How about this too:

010 - YouTube

13 hours unplugged... Display at 19%, Cell Stand By and Phone Idle is lower ....means he's actually been using the phone...lol

I wanted to ask him how long the display was on for. Its so bad I dont think he posted this clip in his thread yet...lol Its on his Youtube channel tho.

I agree the pics he took with the Bionic look real nice. I'm kinda hungry now....

How about this too:

010 - YouTube

13 hours unplugged/ Display at 19%, Cell Stand By and Phone Idle is lower ....means he's actually been using the phone...lol

I wanted to ask him how long the display was on for. Its so bad I dont think he posted this clip in his thread yet...lol Its on his Youtube channel tho.

I agree this pics he took with the Bionic look real nice. I'm kinda hungry now....

Yeah, that was just posted.

MUST HAVE.... BIONICCC

Edit:

Just watched that video...

DATA SAVER???!

Want.

Yeah, that was just posted.

MUST HAVE.... BIONICCC

Edit:

Just watched that video...

DATA SAVER???!

Want.

I didnt notice that before...

One thing folks cant say about Motorola is they dont care about battery life. I think starting with the Droid X1 and the Battery Manager, they have been more conscious about trying to help folks with battery life.

Moto and Samsung both went to 45nm chips before anyone else in Android land too with the Droid X1 and the GS1. Folks that arent familiar...when that nm number gets lower....its should help with battery life.

And Moto ships nice size batteries with their phones? They might not care about us wanting to run custom kernels....but they seem to care about us enjoying our phone for at least 8 hours a day unplugged.

Droid Bionic browser benchmarked, numbers look impressive

Droid Bionic Stock Android 2.3.4

The Bionic looks like it does a fine job handling it's business. Compared to a fully stock Android 2.3.4build on the Nexus One (it's not even rooted!), the Bionic beats the score hands down, even while running out of the box stock with all the Blur bells and whistles. The Person that is running this lives in a 3G area only and The Bionic is still putting up impressive scores. We should expect this based on the new hardware, but it sure is nice to see it in handy picture form.

Source

Looks alright, though I will probably stick with the Charge. I'm still going to check it out, though, because the Charge IS a bit sluggish-- even with voodoo enabled.

How about this too:

010 - YouTube

13 hours unplugged... Display at 19%, Cell Stand By and Phone Idle is lower ....means he's actually been using the phone...lol

I agree the pics he took with the Bionic look real nice. I'm kinda hungry now....

The amount of stand by time suggests low usage. One of the reasons these battery statements are far too subjective to mean anything, for any device.

The amount of stand by time suggests low usage. One of the reasons these battery statements are far too subjective to mean anything, for any device.

Compared to the pics from the Droid Life battery shots...this guy at least used his phone more than that guy. Phone Idle is lower and Display % is higher.

Benchmark - YouTube
http://youtu.be/Rm4wbHQx1zY

Here is comparison of how well it performed compared to other devices.

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x500.
35411.png

quite impressive given it seems to have more bloatware than SGSII (antutu shows that it only has 700 mb memory available while Galaxy SII shows 900 mb available ram )

Rooting and deleting those bloatwares should give Bionic even bigger advantage.

Thx. Definately Pentile... I guess it will be ok. The X just had such a wonderous display.

oh man, that speaker connection video made me realize - since I have SiriusXM in my Truck and on my phone, I can do a true side by side comparison of speaker out, BT audio and straight through the truck's head unit when I get it ....

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom