• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hard screen presses causes lcd to squish

androidb

Well-Known Member
Noticed this on my fiances phone. If you press too hard on the edges of the screen it will touch the LCD and rainbow it. Wondering if this is normal or doing it for anyone else. I didn't think a glass screen should do this. I know some phones you can "massage" out dead spots on the screen.
 
Noticed this on my fiances phone. If you press too hard on the edges of the screen it will touch the LCD and rainbow it. Wondering if this is normal or doing it for anyone else. I didn't think a glass screen should do this. I know some phones you can "massage" out dead spots on the screen.

me too. lcd thing. you can fix this problem by following the advice from the old doctor on hee haw "DON'T DO THAT".
 
me too. lcd thing. you can fix this problem by following the advice from the old doctor on hee haw "DON'T DO THAT".

You are right! That is a good fix! Just wanted to know if maybe this phone was defective and needed to go back to Verizon. Thanks for checking!
 
Yeah, best bet is to don't do that. The Incredible has a thin digitizer. Its not as thick as most Androids I've taken apart. Because of this, when you put alot of pressure on the digitizer, you tend to put pressure on the LCD screen as well. I learned this when replacing the screen on one Incredible three times.
 
Back
Top Bottom