• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hardware question

bob-st

Android Enthusiast
My new MT will be here in two days..

It appears that there are some MT phones that have hardware deficiencies. People have reported that they received a defective phone and swapped it for a good (better) phone.

Are there any suggestions on hardware problems I should check for before I activate the MT?

Thanks

Has anyone had any luck with the newer phones? I first picked up the MT the day it was released and returned it the next day due to the significant light leaks.

There is a long sticky post at the top here discussing the problems people had, read through that and see if you run into any of that. I don't think that is exclusive to hardware though.

My new MT will be here in two days..

It appears that there are some MT phones that have hardware deficiencies. People have reported that they received a defective phone and swapped it for a good (better) phone.

Are there any suggestions on hardware problems I should check for before I activate the MT?

Thanks

Mine will arrive in 2 days too. I plan to test these before activating & installing custom ROM, if any has major problems I'll be requesting a replacement first, & if after 2 or 3 tries still having problems, I'll want a refund within the 30 day period.

Screen light leaks
GPS lock time
Touchscreen response
Camera
Light sensor
Proximity sensor
G-sensor
Bluetooth
Wifi
Signal level (wifi only since I won't have it activated)

If all pass, then I'll activate it and see how strong cell signals are compared to my OV.

Back
Top Bottom