• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone had any success returning the phone?

I'm returning, but to get an exchange (no 3G issue for me, but horrible battery life - like 50% after 4hrs)... So we'll see how that goes... Called them this morning, set everything up (took 50min on the phone with them - the guy was polite and helpful though... just took FOREVER)... Only have the original email with the case number... No email with return shipping info yet...

although reading this (see "Device Swap"): Warranty : Returns and warranty - Nexus One Help

seems like they might ship out replacement with the return label inside, and THEN I return my defective phone... though I hope there's an actual battery with the replacement... as that is PART of the PROBLEM with my phone!... (they are making it sound - in that web page - that you use your existing battery and SD card... hmmmmm... :thinking:)

Upvote 0
I decided to keep mine and hope they come out with a few fixes. Just a few fixes is all it would take for me to be totally thrilled with the device. Plus I didn't want to lose $45 + Shipping fees on a phone I was very much on the edge of being totally thrilled with.

That said....Android needs some attention to detail in their releases. It's clearly the PC/Windows experience of the phone world.

Upvote 0
the ship has sailed... my Nexus One is shipping out this morning... now to wait for the replacement... :( a WHOLE weekend without a smartphone!!! what the hell will I do!! :D lol .... i'm in withdrawal already - what can I say! but i'll live ;)

using an old trusty nokia 6200 at the moment (was one of the first EDGE phones if i recall)... this thing is from like 2001 and had an FM Radio even waaaay back then... lol

let's just hope the replacement Nexus works as it should! :cool:

Upvote 0
Excellent.

I just got an email from Google Checkout stating that they will be refunding the full $529 purchase price of the phone (I had free shipping & no tax). They did not deduct $45 even though the phone had been used for a few hours.

Now I just wait to see how long it takes to show up in my credit card's system.

Wow. Google received my return package on 01/11 ie 16 days ago. I still haven't got a single email from them other than a cursory "thanks for your message" email. I gave up and finally called my credit card company and they said they'll take care of it with Google.

Upvote 0
I sent my phone back over a week ago (had to mail it with my own label because I gave up waiting for HTC) and still haven't heard anything from anyone. I did however call HTC and the rep confirmed that it had been received and was being processed. Since I have the tracking confirmation from fedex that the phone was received I'm not too worried about getting the refund eventually, but it's a little unnerving just sitting and hoping it will suddenly show up on my credit card account. At least some sort of confirmation from Google would have been nice.

Upvote 0
You can bitch all you want or you could take a chillpill and wait for an Update to fix the problems.. you are trying to return a phone just because or one problem that's gonna get fixed...

Or... I can do whatever I wish with my phone and my money.

I had until Jan. 13th to decide to keep the Moto Droid or not.

I received my N1 on the Jan 7th, I believe.

At the same location, 3G on the Droid on VZW worked perfectly while 3G on the N1 on TMO did not despite what TMO's 3G coverage map showed.

At that point, nobody knew what was going on.

For something I use as primary a data device, I decided that I would not spend $529 on something that wasn't working as intended, return the N1 and keep the Droid.

I'm absolutely sure that an update will fix this issue.

Enjoy your N1 and I'll enjoy my Droid.

Upvote 0
Or... I can do whatever I wish with my phone and my money.

I had until Jan. 13th to decide to keep the Moto Droid or not.

I received my N1 on the Jan 7th, I believe.

At the same location, 3G on the Droid on VZW worked perfectly while 3G on the N1 on TMO did not despite what TMO's 3G coverage map showed.

At that point, nobody knew what was going on.

For something I use as primary a data device, I decided that I would not spend $529 on something that wasn't working as intended, return the N1 and keep the Droid.

I'm absolutely sure that an update will fix this issue.

Enjoy your N1 and I'll enjoy my Droid.

good for you... you made a sound choice based on what was best for YOUR situation... can't knock that! and frankly, as much as I personally hate VZW - that's another matter - I think Moto is a much better company to deal with than HTC...

good luck!

here's hoping for the rest of us, that maybe a Nexus Two - made by Moto - will show up sooner rather than later....

cheers

Upvote 0
Nexus One return complete!

I checked my credit card statement this morning and found the entire purchase price of $529 (no tax or shipping) my N1 returned.

I was also able to get T-Mobile to return the entire cost of the 500 minute Even More + Plan that I used about 30 minutes of.

So I got to test an N1 for a while for free with the cost of a bit of time and annoyance dealing with HTC.

I loved the hardware and speed of the N1 and would have kept it and returned the Droid had I not run into the 3G issue. $529 is a bit much to spend on a device that has this sort of network issue at launch.

So I'll be happy with my Droid for now and wait for the N1 or another stock Android device to come to VZW.

Upvote 0
I see a lot of misinformation regarding the $45 "restocking fee.":rolleyes: The wrong info gets circulated and taken as gospel. :mad: Now, once and for all and straight from the Google's Terms of Sales agreement.

I never trust critical or important info that is posted in forums, blogs and those so called "news" sites for face value. Much better to go to the source than to spread what may be false information as fact. You all would sleep better at night not playing the part of a fool. :p Just because a hundred lemmings follow each other over a cliff, that you should too. :D

Pretty sure that's what everyone has been saying...$45 return fee.

Are you conflating engraved devices with non-engraved devices? What you posted clearly states that engraved devices cannot be returned; other devices will incur a $45 return fee.

Everything posted on this forum with respect to that seems correct.

Upvote 0

I checked my credit card statement this morning and found the entire purchase price of $529 (no tax or shipping) my N1 returned.

I was also able to get T-Mobile to return the entire cost of the 500 minute Even More + Plan that I used about 30 minutes of.

So I got to test an N1 for a while for free with the cost of a bit of time and annoyance dealing with HTC.

I loved the hardware and speed of the N1 and would have kept it and returned the Droid had I not run into the 3G issue. $529 is a bit much to spend on a device that has this sort of network issue at launch.

So I'll be happy with my Droid for now and wait for the N1 or another stock Android device to come to VZW.

Wow that's awesome! I still haven't heard a single thing from them heh.

Upvote 0

I'm expecting my refund to go through on Feb 4 or thereabouts... So no tax gets refunded?? wtf??

I just want this ordeal to be OVER>... :(

Upvote 0
For me, no tax was returned because I paid no tax in the first place.

I paid exactly $529 for the phone and exactly $529 was credited back to me.

lol... ok! good to know... it sounded like you had gotten stiffed on the tax... I paid 6% tax... i just hope to get it back... i'm fully prepared for the $45 hit though... the price of closure with HTC...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones