• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Have I lost root?

GolfnDroid

Nov 27, 2009
Va
I went to Install RomManager and after download it said error with priviledge commands and Titanium backup says it cannot load due to root access. I've had SholesMod 2.05 on my phone and haven't loaded any other Roms, did I lose root somehow and if I did how come RomManager doesn't re-root?

I can still get into recovery by power+x

I went to Install RomManager and after download it said error with priviledge commands and Titanium backup says it cannot load due to root access. I've had SholesMod 2.05 on my phone and haven't loaded any other Roms, did I lose root somehow and if I did how come RomManager doesn't re-root?

I can still get into recovery by power+x

rom manager does not root your phone. It sounds like you have lost root for some reason. Easiest way to find out is get on the market download terminal emulator and type su If a # sign comes up you still have root.

Upvote 0
HTML:
I'll try that, after the download failed I was getting all kinds of FC's so i am doing a nandroid restore of a stable image then i will try terminal emulator like you suggested. Where I work my USB terminal is blocked, is there a way to download DMU over my phone to regain root?

yea go to droidmod.org on your phone and you can download the updater

Reactions: GolfnDroid
Upvote 0
Even stranger, I download DMU and it's stuck at "Looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given DM Updated access yet. You must check the remember box" and it says check again. But I'm stuck at that screen I can't give it permission if i'm no longer technically rooted????

try going to the superuser permission app and clearing out all the permissions maybe something there is causing a problem

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones