• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having a Few Issues

Hey guys and gals, I've had my ZMAX Pro for a couple of days now, this is a huge upgrade coming from the Alcatel Fierce XL, but I'm having a couple issues and I'd like to see if anyone else is having them too.

1) Occasional screen flickers (mostly while gaming)
2) Performance drop while charging
I'm not sure what's up with this, but it only seems to happen while I play Clash Royale (very noticeable, consistent stutter), but Chrome and my other apps seem to run without a hitch
3) Battery full notification even though it's not at 100% (eventually it goes away and continues charging but it does worry me)
4) Data stops working suddenly (I can get it working again by turning off the radio in the *#*#4636#*#* menu). No one else in my family is having this issue, we're all on Metro, I'm the only one with the ZMAX.

I love this phone, if I could root it I definitely would but I'm honestly happy with how it performs now and if it gets nougat like ZTE says it will then awesome but as long as these bugs get fixed I'm satisfied :)

Hey guys and gals, I've had my ZMAX Pro for a couple of days now, this is a huge upgrade coming from the Alcatel Fierce XL, but I'm having a couple issues and I'd like to see if anyone else is having them too.

Welcome to the club, I am 101% sure ALL of us has that problem.

I'm not sure what's up with this, but it only seems to happen while I play Clash Royale (very noticeable, consistent stutter), but Chrome and my other apps seem to run without a hitch

Haven't tried playing games yet while charging it. The only games I played on my phone so far are VR games. So it's kinda impossible to play that while charging. LOL.

3) Battery full notification even though it's not at 100% (eventually it goes away and continues charging but it does worry me)

Have seen a few people has that problem in ZTE website and other forums. Fortunately I don't get that. Maybe clearing the cache will do that. OR try those battery apps. I don't know.

4) Data stops working suddenly (I can get it working again by turning off the radio in the *#*#4636#*#* menu). No one else in my family is having this issue, we're all on Metro, I'm the only one with the ZMAX.

Don't have that problem either. Maybe try this setting.

https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/metropcs-apn-settings/

I tried the first setting. I currently am on that setting. I mainly tried that coz my internet performance is slow. It solved it for me.

I love this phone, if I could root it I definitely would but I'm honestly happy with how it performs now and if it gets nougat like ZTE says it will then awesome but as long as these bugs get fixed I'm satisfied :)

Yap. I will be really happy for life if updating this phone to Android N will fix all the bugs!! For sure!

Upvote 0

First thing is being investigated,

Second thing device down-clocks the cpu and gpu so prevent overheating(I assume)

3rd thing i just unplug wait 30 seconds and replug, if that doesnt work then unplug,reboot,plug in.

4th thing keep doing what your doing, it happens to other devices more often than not, try going to the backup and reset option in the settings and press "network settings reset", wait for the toast notification then just back out and reconnect to your wifi if you use it. Also re-pair an Bluetooth devices.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0

I had the Fierce XL, until my son destroyed the charging port. I was actually pretty happy with it. But boy did it feel cheap. Build quality sucked. I did like the battery on it though, got a full day on it no problem. But the ZMAX PRO vs the Fierce XL is no competition, the PRO beats that phone in every way.

Upvote 0
So I switched my network settings to LTE off and I haven't had any network drops since then. Toggling airplane mode became tedious. I can't guarantee that turning LTE off is the solution and frankly I'd rather have LTE on (if it's fixed) but it worked for me. Not sure I'd call it a network problem because it never happened on my Fierce XL nor does it happen to anyone in my family, all on Metro, I'm the only one with the ZMAX

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones