• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having trouble flashing new rom

Ventada

I am trying to flash warm-z 2.2 but when I try to flash it I the installation is aborted.

This is part of the error log
"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages"

I can flash roms such as mikfroyo and kings ultra but I think I cant flash this rom because it runs on sense 2.0? Any answers?

yeah clockwork mod 3.x.x you will get that error. it has to do with edify script that it uses. some roms will work with it. try and switch your recovery to clockwork mod 2.6 or amon ra 2.3 (recommended). you can get them in my sig, ref#1.

you should be fine by either down grading clockwork mod or going to amon ra. i'm on amon ra 2.3 and i have flashed all sorts of roms aosp gb roms and just now king's ultra blakk r3 with no issues with recovery. just keep in my that if you switch to amon ra your previous nandroid backups will not work. however, if you downgrade clockwork mod your nandroids will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom