• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having trouble with new Note 10.1 2014 edition.

cheylace

Lurker
Jul 11, 2014
I recently got this tablet and everything has been working fine, and I haven't even taken it out of the house. When using the tablet and I set it down flat the screen shuts off and the home button is unresponsive to turn it back on. The only way to turn it on is to use the power button. However when it turns back on the home button still does not work, which makes the device impossible to use because I cannot navigate through pages.
Also, I can always tell when the home button will not work because the time disappears from the top right corner at the same time. The only way to keep the device on and working properly is to hold it up at an angle. I really love this device but I am afraid I won't be able to use it in my university classes, the reason I bought it, if this were to happen during a lecture :(.*I have also done a factory reset and it is doing the same problem before and after.*
I was going time send it away because it's under warranty but it only happens at random times and I'm worried when they look at it it will be normal like it is most of the time. Has anyone experienced this problem or know what the problem is? :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones