• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Haw to install dark tremor aps2sd for froyo

dcooterfrog

I want to use the old aps to sd. Is there a guide in how to do it
Not using the boot image from before.
It just seems like a better solution. Especially since i have a class 10 card.

apps2ext is brutal on the sdcard. constant read/writes and crap. Also darktremor's a2sd scripts are so bloated and fluffed with useless junk. personally i think froyo's apps2sd is a better method. And im honestly thinking about leaving it out of my next rom even though i switched to a much better a2sd script.

But YMMV

d2a if you are still here. thanks for explaining a con to his version. perhaps I will just use aps to sd enabler instead

I'm just using 'App 2 SD Pro' (free) from the market. Easy to use and tells me which apps can go to the SD, then it moves them.

Yesh, Froyo's native a2sd kicks the pants off of darktremmors but if you REALLY wanted to torture your phone you could glean some info off XDA on how to get it going (you WILL need to modifiy the scripts [if im remembering right])

[How-to]Darktremors apps2sd on Froyo - xda-developers

Also this wont work on stock 2.2.1 as it doesnt have init.d support

I was there and I saw it's mostly shell work but I could figure out how one would start it. Initd or init.rc. Or boot image. And I got confused

Back