• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HBO Go on GT-P1010 Galaxy Tab

Apologies in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum.....

Has anybody been able to successfully get the HBO Go app to run on a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet (GT-P1010)?

I run this app just fine on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and before this phone I ran it on my old Samsung Galaxy Captivate (running Froyo) and also run it on an ipad (I know, but it's provided to me by work) but cannot get it to work on this tablet.

I'm running Froyo on it (2.2.1) and using the most current HBO Go app that I downloaded from the Play Store and my provider is Comcast/Xfinity. When I open the app I see the HBO Go logo and then get the following error "HBO Go is experiencing difficulties. Please try again later" before the app closes.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, killing other running apps, etc. to no avail. Anybody have any insight on this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones