• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HDH problems

Snapshott

Newbie
Hello!
On Jan 1 I dropped my phone in the toilet. Thanks to you lovely folks, i saved it and the phone has...mostly...returned to normal. The camera works again, and the random setting itself to vibrate also seems to have stopped. The phone was working normal for abit

Over the last couple weeks I think, I've noticed a red light that appears on the right side of the earpiece. It's not the indicator light on the left. I dont know what it means..

Also, over the last week, sometimes when I plug it in (seems to be happening more frequently) the phone resets, or last night when I plugged in during a phone call, it turned off and I wasn't able to turn it on for 5 minutes.

Rarely it resets while browsing the internet.

Just this morning, I had the screen on and phone working. 5 minutes later the screen would not turn on, though the indicator light was flashing (battery was at 10%) and the mysterious red light was on. I had to take my battery out to fix. Red light went away
 
Good to know that we seem to have got your phone working (at least in part)!

I've found someone who has had a red light on the right hand side of the phone ([q] help required dhd won't start - Page 3 - xda-developers), but I'm not sure if it's the same issue as you have at the moment.

Hope this is of some help... I have a feeling that the red light of doom could be related to the DHD having a swim though.
 
Did you manage to take the phone completely apart to dry it out after you dropped it in the water? If not, there's very likely to have been some residual moisture which is/was corroding the circuitry. Maybe it's not, but I'd check the internals if you can take it apart - sure there's a 'pull it apart' guide somewhere on the interweb.

Dave
 
'red light of death' well that doesnt sound good lol, ill check into that.

I took the covers off, and battery/cards out and placed it in front of a space heater (safe distance) for 4-5 hours. Then I placed it in a container of rice overnight.

I suppose it wouldn't matter to take it apart now, since the Warrenty is void.
 
Only called it the red light of doom, based on what I read on the XDA thread that I linked... may not be that bad!

As the phone's been in the water, then the special water damage stickers would have changed colour, so they wouldn't honour a warrantee claim... are you insured? You could claim on that?
 
No insurance either. Oh well. i've had the phone for a year through Telus, ill use it til it dies. I see the pink indicator on the battery but dont see it on the phone itself unless its inside
Reseting is annoying but ill keep using it til it completely stops working. I wrote those previous posts from the phone itself. I'm more paranoid about back-ups and such, to make sure i dont loose any contacts/pictures of my 6 month old etc.
Thanks thought :3
 
You should be able to back contacts up with your google mail account... that way, if you phone is lost/dies/you change for a new phone/etc. you still have all your contacts...
 
No insurance either. Oh well. i've had the phone for a year through Telus, ill use it til it dies. I see the pink indicator on the battery but dont see it on the phone itself unless its inside
Reseting is annoying but ill keep using it til it completely stops working. I wrote those previous posts from the phone itself. I'm more paranoid about back-ups and such, to make sure i dont loose any contacts/pictures of my 6 month old etc.
Thanks thought :3

Sign up to Google+ and down load the app and it will back up all your photos to your G+ account. You can then choose to auto back up as you take photos
 
Back
Top Bottom