• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help headphone volume (htc one M8)

spioter

Lurker
I do not wish to root my phone. Unless your suggestion includes "un-rooted" solutions, please don't reply.

With headphones plugged in, the maximum ringer / notification (all system) volumes are too loud for me (any human with normal hearing?). It causes serious shock and pain (and hearing damage?). So of course I turn it down. But then when I remove the headphones, I usually turn up the volume so I can hear the phone ring if/when its far away.

Is there a way to cap the volume with headphones?

Is there a way to bring back the warning about exceeding safe volumes? I am not getting that any longer, maybe bc when listening to poor quality media, I had to override?

Is there an app that does a fool-proof job of capping volumes when headphones are plugged in?

Does boomsound make any difference with headphones?

Any suggestions other than disabling the tasker profile and me having to remember to set the volumes manually when I plug in headphones? That's a reasonable suggestion but much less convenient than simply having headphones be detected and lowering the volume accordingly.

Things I have tried:

1) I have setup tasker to automatically lower volumes when I plug in my headphones but that's not working 100% bc I still get blasted from time to time. Mostly it works, but sometimes not. Every test I run where I plug in headphones and watch it carefully (whether its locked or not) the volume is correctly lowered automatically to a comfortable volume. Then the only time I change the volume is listening to media - and this does not change the ringer volume in my tests.

2) today I noticed "pocket mode" was enabled and I tested receiving a call with the phone in my pocket but this did not trigger the loud volume. I nevertheless disabled "pocket mode" just in case.

3) I disabled boomsound for now

Back
Top Bottom