• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Heart icon app?

Tommy0780

Lurker
Dec 13, 2020
Hi! Anyone know what this is ? Maybe from an app? Was on my GF's Galaxy S9 phone status bar. A grey heart icon that is in a circle. Attached the photo.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 20,553
so we get this on a daily basis, this type of question. in fact another thread just popped up as i type this post.

there are millions upon millions of apps out that have notification icons.....that's a lot of icons!!!! so unless it is something like Facebook or Youtube, most of these types of threads go unanswered. we can sometime make guess on what the app is. the only way to know is to look in the phone's notifications. but 9 times out of ten the phone is inaccessible for various of reasons. but do you really want to go about sneaking and snooping on your gf? the best kind of relationship are the ones built on trust with everything out in the open.

.....just ask her what it is. what harm can it do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Yeah, heart icons are hopeless: as said above they are used for fitness apps as well as dating apps, but also by some social media, and even apps whose function has nothing at all to do with fitness or relationships but just because the developer chose that icon.

And that's not even a real notification icon, the photo looks like a lockscreen/always-on display, so from my limited experience of those I don't even guarantee how well it matches the app's status bar notification in appearance. The surround of that icon, which might be taken as a progress bar, suggests fitness app to me, but I can't give a positive ID.

Why don't you ask her if it bothers you?

Upvote 0
1st one looks like one drive cloud opening screen. 2nd big letter M, 3rd then several rows of pics appear, 4th is the pic with the heart & below looks like one drive with something written under it. Tried to make them better but pics are taken from a video. Don't know if its a form of one drive, or apps under the secret folder, etc. but that is the pics in order of how that app opened & what it showed. didn't know if that would help explain the app n what it could be. t.y. i know its not easy with crappy pics.

Attachments

• 20221215_235153.jpg
    20221215_235153.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 3,130
  • 20221215_235226.jpg
    20221215_235226.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 2,193
  • 20221215_235422.jpg
    20221215_235422.jpg
    681.2 KB · Views: 2,192
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 4,271
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones