• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root helllp fellow devs

What are the terminal commands to make a copy of a (stock )phone's stock recovery, OS, and make it into a ROM or something I can tweak in the "kitchen?"

This is for learning endeavors & making a wife happy (lol)!

What are the terminal commands to make a copy of a (stock )phone's stock recovery, OS, and make it into a ROM or something I can tweak in the "kitchen?"

This is for learning endeavors & making a wife happy (lol)!

IMHO, it is easiest to grab all the things you need from a cwm backup. The only problem is that you don't get all the extra partitions. The only ones you really need for AK are system and boot.img, which are both in a cwm backup.

i think he was trying to say he uaed.cdma workshop and broke it, that would mean the radio is the issue and unless you can figure out what you did and how to reverse.it there is probably no way back

lol umm. boost is cdma

Boost uses CDMA and GSM but the Warp would need a lot of radio tweaks before even thinking about going to Verizon. The Warp is CDMA so it could be possible. But either way you'd lose out on LTE which a lot of us can't live without.

Boost uses CDMA and GSM but the Warp would need a lot of radio tweaks before even thinking about going to Verizon. The Warp is CDMA so it could be possible. But either way you'd lose out on LTE which a lot of us can't live without.

well, there are a few issues in your statement.
boost has never used gsm, they did used to use sim cards years ago but that was on the nextel iden network not gsm.
the radio would not need tweaks, it can and will connect to verizon network with no trouble at all, its getting it active one there thats the issue, passwords, serial numbers, things of that nature that identify the phone to the network once its connected and give you the ability to make calls and access the internet, other wise sign ins will fail and any attempt to make calls will tell you the account cant be validated or whatever
as far as lte, no it wont work because its not an lte phone lol. so you did get that right, but i think they would've figured that out already

well, there are a few issues in your statement.
boost has never used gsm, they did used to use sim cards years ago but that was on the nextel iden network not gsm.
the radio would not need tweaks, it can and will connect to verizon network with no trouble at all, its getting it active one there thats the issue, passwords, serial numbers, things of that nature that identify the phone to the network once its connected and give you the ability to make calls and access the internet, other wise sign ins will fail and any attempt to make calls will tell you the account cant be validated or whatever
as far as lte, no it wont work because its not an lte phone lol. so you did get that right, but i think they would've figured that out already

I thought my EVO was GSM but maybe you're right. Hey I learn something new everyday. I work for MetroPCS and we started using GSM too. Sucks in my opinion. Verizon would be a great option for the Warp 4G right? Yeah I was mentioning the LTE because Verizon has great LTE coverage. Metro used Verizon towers up til 2010 or so.

verizon has better signal for everything. their network is the best but their pricing and limitations are ridiculous

it may work with alot of hacking, may not, but in all honesty gsm is better overall, much less power usage and flexibility. you have to illegally change fcc regulated serial numbers to switch carriers on cdma

verizon has better signal for everything. their network is the best but their pricing and limitations are ridiculous

it may work with alot of hacking, may not, but in all honesty gsm is better overall, much less power usage and flexibility. you have to illegally change fcc regulated serial numbers to switch carriers on cdma

Yeah I live by the space center on the beach so we get horrible service if you have ATT or T-Mobile. I get good service with my Boost Warp and great service with Metro's CDMA phones, but I tried a Metro GSM phone out here and I had no data. Even though its still the same carrier.
Anyways ... We are getting off track. This is the Warp Root forum. Lol. I love new information so I just had to jump in.

eh, this entire thread is derailed anyhow lol. but yea i mean depending on where you live signals change for all carriers. i kno plenty of places you cant get sprint/boost at all. but tmobile and at&t work fine in some of them, verizon is always gonna be king just kuz they got the money to blow on their network. if you charge twice as much as everybody else you got twice the budget with which to expand the network. and lte is new to sprint and boost, they went with wimax which went the way of betamax... i guess the lesson here is never invest in a technology that ends in max, they got a late start on building an lte network

Back
Top Bottom