• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello everyone!

Hello my fellow geek friends I'm new to these forums, I just signed up. I've just recently got Nexus 4 phone because I wanted to install Ubuntu touch on it and so I have but the software was laggy and kept on crashing so I reverted it back to Android so here I am. I have used the phone with Android for less than a week and I would like to discover the new world of Android. Looked up some stuff on youtube about rooting the phone and seemes like good idea. So nice to meet you all I'm happy to be part of android community. :D

Hello my fellow geek friends I'm new to these forums, I just signed up. I've just recently got Nexus 4 phone because I wanted to install Ubuntu touch on it and so I have but the software was laggy and kept on crashing so I reverted it back to Android so here I am. I have used the phone with Android for less than a week and I would like to discover the new world of Android. Looked up some stuff on youtube about rooting the phone and seemes like good idea. So nice to meet you all I'm happy to be part of android community. :D
Welcome to the Nexus world... Rooting and ROMming your Nexus is a pretty simple procedure, and there are literally hundreds of choices of ROMs available. I would suggest looking at XDA Developers Nexus 4 forums in the Development and Original Development sections for more information about ROMs.

Rooting specific questions and tutorials are available here in the Nexus 4 - All things root section.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones