• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from the slums of Canada

Hello from the great white north. I'm a new Android (HTC Magic on Rogers) user and in fact I haven't had a cell phone for over 5 years. I still run my own Asterisk PBX as an alternative. We have 1st world technology (but shackled by the providers) in Canada but 3rd world corruption and insane pricing which is why I stayed away from cell phones until the Android offered a bit of hope.

I love this phone and the option to use WiFI for data. But just for fun and to check out 3G data I'm tethering my laptop over USB via the Android and 3G. Works nicely and quite fast. I'm glad that I waited this long to get on the grid.
Now to get around Rogers stupid SIP and SSH port blocks over 3G......

Hello from the great white north. I'm a new Android (HTC Magic on Rogers) user and in fact I haven't had a cell phone for over 5 years. I still run my own Asterisk PBX as an alternative. We have 1st world technology (but shackled by the providers) in Canada but 3rd world corruption and insane pricing which is why I stayed away from cell phones until the Android offered a bit of hope.

I love this phone and the option to use WiFI for data. But just for fun and to check out 3G data I'm tethering my laptop over USB via the Android and 3G. Works nicely and quite fast. I'm glad that I waited this long to get on the grid.
Now to get around Rogers stupid SIP and SSH port blocks over 3G......

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones