• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help a noob out!

Pawan90

Lurker
Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time.

I rooted the phone by flashing CWM.img and then flashing a ROM through CWM as suggested by a youtube video.
(I flashed oppo real ROM instead of the one in the video)

Problem: I get a white screen when the screen unlocked.Phone works fine until then. White screen needs me to remove the battery

(There are two threads with the similar problems but not one convincing answer)

Whats working:

1) CWM recovery
2) The phone. except for the problem stated above

Here are the things I've tried so far:

1) Changing the ROM: Tried Oppo real, ICS by Sagarwep, restored a stock backup and still face the same issue.
2) Wiping data, cache, dalvik, flashing again and in different sequences.

Method looking forward to trying:

1) Flashing <pls fill in the blanks> using spflash tool. I've had a bad experience flashing the wrong files getting complete white screen which is worse than what i have now. Care center.

Therein lies the problem.
1) I don't know which links to get the files from. There are just too many threads and methods about these. Enough to confuse a noob like me.
-> Please explain in noob proof language and point me to the thread to get the method and files from.

2) Also I am now unable to get spflash to detect the phone. It gives some error everytime and with all three ROMs mentioned above. It worked fine when i flashed recovery the first time.

-> Please let know if there's something I'm doing wrong. I'll keep trying in the meantime.

Your solution

1) Please let know what you think the problem is as i may be looking in the wrong direction

THANKS a ton in advance.
CHEERS!!

http://androidforums.com/a75-all-things-root/502084-working-how-root-micromax-a75.html follow this procedure ..
for detecting the phone....
1.connect ur mobile without battery(use a nokia's usb-stock one might not work good)
2.after pressing download option in the tool insert the battery before completiin of time fastly.
3.if it dint detect try again by remiving n inserting battery fastly before time.
4.PATIENCE IS NEEDED.

HOPE THIS HELPS U

http://androidforums.com/a75-all-things-root/502084-working-how-root-micromax-a75.html follow this procedure ..
for detecting the phone....
1.connect ur mobile without battery(use a nokia's usb-stock one might not work good)
2.after pressing download option in the tool insert the battery before completiin of time fastly.
3.if it dint detect try again by remiving n inserting battery fastly before time.
4.PATIENCE IS NEEDED.

HOPE THIS HELPS U

Do appreciate the thread ! But that thread made by me sure works , but may be the one requiring the most patience and Little non noob-proof !

I would suggest trying that sure, but if it does not work for you first of all try flashing the stock firmware : A75_0201_V3006.zip

Thanks a lot Shrikant. Will try it out and let you know.

Thanks a lot Ninad. Will try the stock ROM too. Always good to have a fail safe.

THANKS A LOT GUYS!! Problem solved.

Shrikant, the battery method worked like a charm. I suggest including it in the thread regarding flashing. :)

Ninad, thanks for the stock ROM and a bunch of other stuff that you've posted here. Good to know i can do all the experiments and mmx care center will be none the wiser.

Back
Top Bottom