• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP: Battery Life DRAINING on DL30 SuperClean

neotrixy

Jan 13, 2011
Hi all,

I'm on DL30 superclean and I have my screen brightness turned up, 3g on, playing a hulu video through the hulu.apk, and my battery is literally dropping at 1% per minute or more. So after a full charge, I watched a 25 minute hulu episode and my battery was literally at 68% (down from 100% a mere 25 minutes before). Has anyone else experienced this degree of battery drain or am I the only one? I understand that the amount of 3g data transfer a full ep video is using as well as the processor power that decoding a video of this res requires a good amount of battery power, but is this really the amount it normally needs?

I can watch a pre-transferred movie on my SD card via the act1 video app and it drains no where near this amount of juice. I mean a full 1.5 hour full screen movie encoded in mp4 takes maybe 20-25%.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Here's something that might work that I read in another link, forget where. I had copied the directions down in a Word file with all my fascinate tips that I read. Apologies to the source for not citing them.

[FONT=&quot]Charge the phone to full, (leave it on charger overnight just to be sure if need be), reboot into recovery, get to clockwork recovery,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in "advanced" select [/FONT][FONT=&quot] "reset battery stats", reboot, run it off charger until it totally dead, problem fixed.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones