• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! droid razr M soft-bricked!

hello guys somedays before i rooted my phone after rooting i started a software called Scren recoder root as i open my phone stuck up and then i needed to reebot then it stuck on bootloop :(
now i can goto manager (which comes up with holding VOL+ Vol- Power together) thier i only can open ap fastboot other options go back to M logo :(
i tried droidrazr untility it gives flash falure
i Downloaded a ROM and tried to install with RSD LITE but it wont detect my Phone helppp! now what i can do .
I WANT MY PHONE BACK :(

hello guys somedays before i rooted my phone after rooting i started a software called Scren recoder root as i open my phone stuck up and then i needed to reebot then it stuck on bootloop :(
now i can goto manager (which comes up with holding VOL+ Vol- Power together) thier i only can open ap fastboot other options go back to M logo :(
i tried droidrazr untility it gives flash falure
i Downloaded a ROM and tried to install with RSD LITE but it wont detect my Phone helppp! now what i can do .
I WANT MY PHONE BACK :(

First off welcome to the forums we are glad you are here :)

Ok lets get things in perspective here I have some questions I will need you to answer so that I can better help you.

Is the Bootloader unlocked?
Do you have a custom recovery?
What is the original root method you used (Please Link)
Does Fastboot give you a menu that would let you factory reset?

An unlocked boot loader would have made it a bit easier but the thing I think you should try is leaving it on until the battery dies. Plug it up and let it charge. Once done turn it back on and see if you can get the fast boot menu to work. If it doesn't then we could try to unlock the boot loader so that we could get a custom recovery on it.

First off, another welcome to the site :hello:

It is highly likely that the actual software version that was on the OP's phone was not checked against the software version contained within the guide linked.

That is the problem with the XT907, most root exploits get closed with every software update, that is why argedion asked if your bootloader was unlocked.

If you do recover your phone AND the software versions match to the one in this guide here, I cannot stress enough to go here and unlock your bootloader now while you can:

[ROOT/UNLOCK] 4.4.2 182/183 RAZR HD/M *ONLY* - VZW Droid Razr/Razr Maxx HD Development [XT926] - DroidRzr.com

good luck

Correct, it requires usb debugging to be active.

But it is no big deal, in fact (for you and the readers) one of the first things I do is enable usb debugging and unknown sources on any android device just as soon as it's charged and powered on for the very first time.

Usb debugging is a safety net for a variety of things, rooted or not.

Back
Top Bottom