• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP Getting phone running

dave05hes

Lurker
pretty sure i crashed my phone and need to reinstall operating system. I tried to fix it by reinstalling market place directly from usbstorage. Phone is a day old. The original problem i had to was that google play was not showing up after i rooted phone and again I am still learning the ropes with android os. I obviously messed it up bad. Fore shutdown warnings keep popping up because of a continuous effort to install. I need to completely wipe phone and reinstall android. I am pretty sure this is only fix. PLEASE HELP

Welcome to the forums :)
What device do you have? If it's listed there I can't see it because I'm on Tapatalk on my phone. Perhaps all you need to do is flash a rom :)
Thanks for joining!

have samsung rugby smart SGH-I847. It is brand new. I thought i knew what i was doing. However, Now the phone is on and all i can do is hit force shutdown on some installation warnings. I rooted the phone yesterday and uninstalled some stuff but used caution. However, my google play disappeared. So this morning is when things got hairy. I even took it back to ATT and tried to get a new one. No luck. I feel that the only thing to do is to format the phone and reinstall android if that is even possible. I dont know enough about it.

I've never heard of a phone "forcing shutdown message" if possible could you take a screen shot so we can see it? What Mike suggested by flashing another rom seems like a good idea.

Welcome to AF! Hope you enjoy your stay here. :cool:

is this possible to do without running any apps. or having the open. I literally cannot navigate to any thing on my phone. It would have to be something to do either through my computer or android safe screen or w/e its called. Im a noob

Since we have no clue what phone your on yet, all we can tell you is to download a Rom from your pc, transfer it to your sd card and flash through recovery.

Thought I mentioned I am on the Samsung Rugby Smart. and when you say flash are you referring to formatting the hard drive and installing fresh copy of the OS?

How do a stock flash with only using my computer. Is there an SW Upgrade program with the Samsung SGH I-847? or do i have to use another program.

I got it from here Mikestony.

Luckily, the other developer I work with in the I847 has files for just such an occassion.

Your Saviour

Follow those directions TO THE LETTER. You can return to pure stock or a debloated, deodexed stock, Or you can use odin to apply a recovery image and use a 4.0+ ROM ;).

Back
Top Bottom