• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help...I've lost my home screen

Gracie714

Lurker
My grand daughter was playing games and she does not know what happened, but my home screen is different. I don't mean simply the shortcuts I'd set up are gone, but I used to have 5 screens I could scroll to and there was an arch at the bottom with an indicator as to which of the 5 pages I am on. Now there is only an icon at the bottom (that looks similar to a "play" icon with the arrow pointed up) and if I touch it all my apps are displayed in a grid. I want to get back to my original screen, but cannot figure out within the settings how to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks

you ave sense turned off somehow. go into menu<applications<manage applications, wait a while for them to load, than go into the application titled home, go down to clear defaults. hit that, than hit your home button, it should ask you what you want to use to compleete that action, hit use as default at the bottom of the pop up window than hit htc sense

you ave sense turned off somehow. go into menu<applications<manage applications, wait a while for them to load, than go into the application titled home, go down to clear defaults. hit that, than hit your home button, it should ask you what you want to use to compleete that action, hit use as default at the bottom of the pop up window than hit htc sense

+1 This is correct

Thank you! I'd gotten into home, but didn't know what to do from there...your instructions were spot on and my home screen is back to normal including my custom icons I'd set up. I have the manual out...will read up more on "sense"....I would never have known to look for that word. Thank you again!

yeah, the manual is pretty useless for that, the phone was never "designed" to use home/vanilla android, just sense, which is htc's overlay for android.

My grand daughter was playing games and she does not know what happened, but my home screen is different. I don't mean simply the shortcuts I'd set up are gone, but I used to have 5 screens I could scroll to and there was an arch at the bottom with an indicator as to which of the 5 pages I am on. Now there is only an icon at the bottom (that looks similar to a "play" icon with the arrow pointed up) and if I touch it all my apps are displayed in a grid. I want to get back to my original screen, but cannot figure out within the settings how to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks
This happened to me once, and it happened after I had installed a task killer and played around with it for a bit. I ended up resetting my phone, and I lost all my contacts in the process. Since then, I haven't gone near a task killer, and I've had no issues whatsoever with my phone!

Back
Top Bottom