• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Lost LTE!

I lost my lte when flash back to stock but i flash back to zv3 and still have poor 3g i flashed the apn but it didn't work im not even getting the boost mobile apps i need help

I'm still working on fixing this. It's really confusing. I would have thought that doing a full restore would have done it, but that's not the case. Anyone know what could get wiped that wouldn't be fixed by doing a full restore from the flash tool?

I firgured out how to fix it you have re flash cm 12 rom (gapps and apn) use an app called Change apn go to lte change it to port 0 go back to zv5 stock and you should have it (update the prl and profile then reboot)

I firgured out how to fix it you have re flash cm 12 rom (gapps and apn) use an app called Change apn go to lte change it to port 0 go back to zv5 stock and you should have it (update the prl and profile then reboot)
That's what I did like last week and it worked. I just still seem to have not as many bars as I used to.

Tried flashing APN fix again, this time in KitKat (my restore) and nothing. Still only getting 3G and service keeps dropping intermittently.
This is also happening to me as well the exact way you described it! Your certainly not alone its something in the latest build of that cm12 rom that causes this..

Will this also fix the signal drop issue? Mine will drop signa land it'll have a red X over the bars for like 3 secs an then it goes back to full bars.

Tried this and sadly it didn't work. Whenever I open ChangeAPN it just says "access point name settings are not available for this user" it has done this each time I've tried to do the ChangeAPN fix.

Mine does that CONSTANTLY!
Are u flashing cm12, gapps and the apn fix for bpost all at one time in twrp? You have to flash all three zips at the same time and then boot into cm12 and then you will LTE. Then if you want to revert back to zv5 stock rooted Rom just do a wipe in twrp and flash it. You will have LTE as soon as the Rom loads this worked for me and no more signal drop eitheir mine is back to normal.

Ahh. That's good. Just a couple hours ago I wasn't getting any data signal, even after applying the APN fix a couple times. I reverted to my stock, rooted backup, and LTE is working. I checked my APN settings, and apparently I have a totally different configuration. I plan on copying the file and putting it on my CM 12 ROM and seeing what happens. Hopefully that may fix my no LTE issue.
How are you looking at your apn settings on stock?

Are u flashing cm12, gapps and the apn fix for bpost all at one time in twrp? You have to flash all three zips at the same time and then boot into cm12 and then you will LTE. Then if you want to revert back to zv5 stock rooted Rom just do a wipe in twrp and flash it. You will have LTE as soon as the Rom loads this worked for me and no more signal drop eitheir mine is back to normal.
Just tried that, too. Still same results. I boot up CM12, download ChangeAPN, open it and get "access point name settings are not available for this user". I don't ****ing get it.

I just do not understand how I have followed like 5 different variations of instructions to restore service and still I'm the only one it doesn't work for. I know that the APN fix is working in that it shows Virgin Mobile as my carrier instead of LG, but beyond that it has done nothing. Every. Single. Time. that I have booted CM12 and tried to launch ChangeAPN it says the same damn thing. I have tried flashing the APN fix before first boot, after first boot, before enabling root, after enabling root... I've checked MD5s on ALL files involved. EVERY SINGLE TIME that I try to launch ChangeAPN it says the same thing. I have downgraded to stock with the LG flash tool and then re-activiated, still same thing (no LTE and service drops frequently). Flashed ZV5 and the same thing. Tried countless times to re-activate, and nothing. I am so beyond frustrated at this point.

Last edited:
Is checking the APN on stock supposed to be difficult or something? All I did was use the Change APN app. It showed up one APN... cinet.spcs

Just tried that, too. Still same results. I boot up CM12, download ChangeAPN, open it and get "access point name settings are not available for this user". I don't ****ing get it.
Yes it is supposed to say no APN available man you have to wait for LTE to pop up in cm12 and then when it does flsah back to zv5. See cm12 deactivated LTE so you have to wait for it tocome back in cm12 and then flash back to zv5.

Yes it is supposed to say no APN available man you have to wait for LTE to pop up in cm12 and then when it does flsah back to zv5. See cm12 deactivated LTE so you have to wait for it tocome back in cm12 and then flash back to zv5.
About how long should that take? I can't ever seem to get more than intermittent 1x. And the ChangeAPN app doesn't work on my phone for some reason. Apparently it has decided that I don't have permission to view APN info..

I just do not understand how I have followed like 5 different variations of instructions to restore service and still I'm the only one it doesn't work for. I know that the APN fix is working in that it shows Virgin Mobile as my carrier instead of LG, but beyond that it has done nothing. Every. Single. Time. that I have booted CM12 and tried to launch ChangeAPN it says the same damn thing. I have tried flashing the APN fix before first boot, after first boot, before enabling root, after enabling root... I've checked MD5s on ALL files involved. EVERY SINGLE TIME that I try to launch ChangeAPN it says the same thing. I have downgraded to stock with the LG flash tool and then re-activiated, still same thing (no LTE and service drops frequently). Flashed ZV5 and the same thing. Tried countless times to re-activate, and nothing. I am so beyond frustrated at this point.

Use flash tool to downgrade again. Do a factory reset while at stock. See if that gets LTE.

About how long should that take? I can't ever seem to get more than intermittent 1x. And the ChangeAPN app doesn't work on my phone for some reason. Apparently it has decided that I don't have permission to view APN info..
Well Its hard to say exactly how long it will take, but for me as soon as I booted into cm12 it said 3g at the top and then it switched to LTE immediately.

Screenshot_2015-03-20-08-46-28.png On stock rom try ##3282#
Scroll down to apn settings and click to open
You should see three dots in upper corner, click that and choose to restore default.
Reboot
Then ##UPDATE#

Last edited:
Hopefully I'll be able to figure something out soon. I just bought a Tribute because it was on sale at Best Buy but haven't opened it yet. I'm hoping I'll find a way to fix my Volt.

Back
Top Bottom