• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help needed for broken screen! Phone partially survived.

r011z

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys,

Really hope someone can help because my situation is quite tricky! Basically my HTC Desire Z got run over and the screen is cracked but the keyboard and sounds are still functioning.

I really want to get my contacts back so I was wondering if someone can provide keyboard shortcuts to exporting my contacts onto memory card. Eg. 1) press menu 2) scroll up 3) press enter
I'm basically running blind so not sure if this will work.

Another alternative is to use HTC Sync via USB. However, I believe it is defaulted to CHARGE only when I connect the cable but need a way to change it to sync storage using keyboard shortcuts.

Hopefully someone can help, will be very much appreciated :)

Cheers
Rolly

Hi guys,

Really hope someone can help because my situation is quite tricky! Basically my HTC Desire Z got run over and the screen is cracked but the keyboard and sounds are still functioning.

I really want to get my contacts back so I was wondering if someone can provide keyboard shortcuts to exporting my contacts onto memory card. Eg. 1) press menu 2) scroll up 3) press enter
I'm basically running blind so not sure if this will work.

Another alternative is to use HTC Sync via USB. However, I believe it is defaulted to CHARGE only when I connect the cable but need a way to change it to sync storage using keyboard shortcuts.

Hopefully someone can help, will be very much appreciated :)

Cheers
Rolly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones