• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help On Rooting N1?

bigg12x

Newbie
Just got it and was wondering i want to change status bar and menu colors and themes is there apps for that or i gotta root???? and if i do gotta root whats the safiest and best way to do it?:confused:
 
To change stuff like that, beyond what you can do with installing a home replacement app, you need to root.
 
Think I'm going to do this today with your guide if I get time.

Do I need to backup everything on my phone first?
 
Nope, it shouldn't delete anything on your phone or anything. I'm taking the plunge now.. Downloading Android SDK 2.2 as we speak.
 
Think I'm going to do this today with your guide if I get time.

Do I need to backup everything on my phone first?

Nope, it shouldn't delete anything on your phone or anything. I'm taking the plunge now.. Downloading Android SDK 2.2 as we speak.

No wipe if you just ROOT only...

If you install custom recovery and ROM, yes, it WILL WIPE.

All, if you are using the guide I posted (I am always editing it) please give feedback if anything is missed and I will correct it.

The original guide is not mine (I linked the source) but I hosted it on my google group because it gives me a chance to have an external place to store it in case the original thread vanishes, and I can add additional hosts for the files.

Not to mention that I can add my own insights and others without having to bug the OP on XDA. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom