• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help please .... i will crazy

melege2010

Lurker
May 5, 2011
hi , i have many problems
i bought yesterday samsung galaxy 551 ..

my #1 problem i cant update the android market .. i saw in the youtube when some one open the android market alot of programs but when i open my market i don`t find any programs just a little about 20 programs ???? and whem i try to open the android market from the browser i get that ( There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account. )

my #2 problem is : when i connect with my pc and upload images about 200 image .. i get only 28 images ... i don`t know why .. i use the kies program ????? any solve

That phone won't get the newer market update, it's just far too out dated. The market, however old though, should still have almost all the applications available today showing up in there. If not, as always, I'd recommend just doing a factory reset.

As for putting pictures on the phone... do you have enough space? If it's got a teeny tiny little SD card (less than 1gb, which I suspect) you won't be able to put much of anything on there if you're trying to cram music along with all the files the phone puts on it. Also... what the heck is kies? You shouldn't need a program to drag and drop files onto an SD card from your desktop on the computer. (It's literally that simple, plug it in, drag and drop.)

Upvote 0
Ok. It sounds like you need to go to settings, then accounts, and create a Gmail account. Also, the first page you see on the market is just a few showcase apps. You need to hit menu or search button at the button to do a search for what you want. Or click games or apps, then top free or top paid.

Upvote 0
That phone won't get the newer market update, it's just far too out dated. The market, however old though, should still have almost all the applications available today showing up in there. If not, as always, I'd recommend just doing a factory reset.

As for putting pictures on the phone... do you have enough space? If it's got a teeny tiny little SD card (less than 1gb, which I suspect) you won't be able to put much of anything on there if you're trying to cram music along with all the files the phone puts on it. Also... what the heck is kies? You shouldn't need a program to drag and drop files onto an SD card from your desktop on the computer. (It's literally that simple, plug it in, drag and drop.)

It is a decent phone with native froyo .And 3 months is too less time to be far too outdated I think.And its a market app not something a V6-VFP proc cant handle.
The SD card bundled is 2GB.
Kies is the sync software similar to HTC sync but very much horrible.
Newbies all use KIES because it is supposed to be important software .

my #2 problem is : when i connect with my pc and upload images about 200 image .. i get only 28 images ... i don`t know why .. i use the kies program ????? any solve
Dump the images in SD card with USB mass storage mode on.and yeah the bundled kies 1.5 is outdated download the 2.0 version which also sucks btw.
Which windows are you using ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones