• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Please

jeffzz421

Ok guys, I am kinda an idiot. So after reading a bunch, getting prepared, and overtweaking, I have removed the browser.apk and odex files, well moved but moving back did nothing. So now I am trying to fully recover the phone and am having problems. I am trying to follow andys method to recover as if i needed to downgrade. I got to the point where i ran kp utils and got all question marks all over the screen like one user complained of. I never had an lgmobileeax folder or anything. Now i am trying to run the lg phone software update tool or the bf2 thing since I think that has worked for one user before completing the recovery. I am currently stuck on that process and the lg mobile update.exe is just sitting there not doing anything. I will leave it run for a while but is there anything I can do. My phone was not bricked fully but i had the same android.process.media has stopped error due to removing the browser. The last thing i wanna do now though is fully brick the phone. What should I do now?

Thanks a ton for any help!!

Update, I ran the lg mobile update tools installer while connected to the internet. It did its thing and then i continued on, of course uninstalling it then, and deleting the lg mobile eax folder. Now when i try the process, the kp utils launcher runs fine, but then the software upgrader it launches again displays mostly ??? instead of the actual font. There are a few more words this time instead of all ???, but all the buttons are question marks so i have no idea what to hit. I try clicking all the options but nothigns working. Anyone have screenshots of the software upgrader with font you can read?

Ok guys, I am kinda an idiot. So after reading a bunch, getting prepared, and overtweaking, I have removed the browser.apk and odex files, well moved but moving back did nothing. So now I am trying to fully recover the phone and am having problems. I am trying to follow andys method to recover as if i needed to downgrade. I got to the point where i ran kp utils and got all question marks all over the screen like one user complained of. I never had an lgmobileeax folder or anything. Now i am trying to run the lg phone software update tool or the bf2 thing since I think that has worked for one user before completing the recovery. I am currently stuck on that process and the lg mobile update.exe is just sitting there not doing anything. I will leave it run for a while but is there anything I can do. My phone was not bricked fully but i had the same android.process.media has stopped error due to removing the browser. The last thing i wanna do now though is fully brick the phone. What should I do now?

Thanks a ton for any help!!

Update, I ran the lg mobile update tools installer while connected to the internet. It did its thing and then i continued on, of course uninstalling it then, and deleting the lg mobile eax folder. Now when i try the process, the kp utils launcher runs fine, but then the software upgrader it launches again displays mostly ??? instead of the actual font. There are a few more words this time instead of all ???, but all the buttons are question marks so i have no idea what to hit. I try clicking all the options but nothigns working. Anyone have screenshots of the software upgrader with font you can read?

Do you have the Optimus M? Did my downgrader eventually downgrade the phone successfully?

Yeah i just got the optimus M, the only real andoid for metro a day ago. I still cant get your method to work. At the point where you tell everyone, hey its gonna comlain on you that its not connected, just restart, I have both options with ??? on them. I have tried both but neither seem to restart and work. I keep looking at the log on the bottom and only see errors.

Holy crap that was fast btw. THANKS SO MUCH, even if I end up out a phone, haha.

Oh, I started with 2.2 btw. never had 2.2.1 if it matters.

I had a feeling thats what you we're giong to say. I will try that tomorrow when I have more energy. Thanks a lot and I will post back if I have anymore problems.

Hey andy, I am at the point where i hit start on the lgnpst and it says input spc of your phone. I read somehting about this before but im tired and cant figure out where.

Andy070 RULES

Ok, kept reading and I saw the instructions. Now its going, pray i dont freakishly lose power! but I shoulda bumped for everyone to see that ANDY RULES :). I wont stop saying it unless you ask and now i gotta find that thanks button.

Bump, and THANKS to ANDY070, and many others who make my usual comment (you know so much about computers) so far from the truth when these knowledge buckets start to pour out. I have no idea how you guys have delved (<-that a word?) so far into all of this software and flashing and ...... But it saved my ass.

Thanks a TON!!

need helps lgnpst wont read my phone it shows up as unknown but my phone kinda bricked i hve an lg optimus m and itz stuck at the android screen afta i tried to fix my normal sms that came with the phone i tried to push the app to my phone if anybody can help me this my gmail younggoon727@gmail.com

idk i think it was the mms odex file that did it itz hard to fix my phone when itz stuck at the android screen i hve watch millions of utube videos and itz drivein me crazy omg the nxt phone i get im not rootin or none of that shit lol but plz help if u can

idk i think it was the mms odex file that did it itz hard to fix my phone when itz stuck at the android screen i hve watch millions of utube videos and itz drivein me crazy omg the nxt phone i get im not rootin or none of that shit lol but plz help if u can
you need to reggie the dll, and make sure you have the usb drivers installed on your computer.
I do hope you get it, but if you dont I could help next week, I am moving tomorrow.

Back