• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP!Please!

josh536

Mar 15, 2011
Hi i was wondering if there is any way i can check if my warranty has been voided without contacting sprint.
I went in to the sprint repair store because my Evo wasnt charging and i totally forgot that my phone was rooted. They told me they couldnt do anything because i rooted my phone and that voids my warranty. Is there any way to check if they posted to all the sprint systems that my warranty was voided?! Can i just unroot and go to a different sprint store? Will unrooting un-void my warrranty?I dont want to call and ask them because if they didnt post it was voided then they would realize it should be voided....??HELP!!! :mad::thinking:

Unroot it and take it to another store. They likely didnt flag it unless they were a corporate store. The one I deal with knew that mine was rooted and the tech talked to me for about a half hour about rooting. You could call Sprint and tell them you have a problem with your phone. They may try and trouble shoot it over the phone but you should be able to verify that your insurance is still intact.

Reactions: josh536
Upvote 0
One tiny problem..................My charging port doesnt work and to unroot it requiers me to plug into the computer, but it doesn't connect since the port on my phone is broken!FML!
Any way to unroot without needing too connect to pc? Maybe just drag files to SD card? I can put the SD card into my computer seperatly..Help!

Upvote 0
Put the SD card in your computer, drag the S-ON tool over to the card. Flash S-ON, reboot. Turn the phone back off, verify S-ON in HBOOT, turn back off. Put the SD card back in the computer, place the correct PC36IMG for your HBOOT on the card making sure it's named exactly PC36IMG.zip, then start into HBOOT again. Once it recognizes the file, select yes and it's all downhill from there.

Reactions: josh536
Upvote 0
ok! good thing you remimnded me about my sd i have tons of different roms in it..How do i format it? Will it delete my pictures and music? Should i copy them to my computer first?
Are pictures and music all i should worry about when formatting???

Copy your personal stuff(pics, music) to your computer then go to settings>storage>format sdcard and let it format it. It will erase everything on it.

Upvote 0
I had to unroot my buddies phone to take into sprint. I made a backup of the personal stuff (pics, music, ringtones, etc) and also of nandroids and ROM's. Formatted the card, which wipes everything, and replaced just the personal stuff. Once he brought his phone back to me to root it again, I placed the nandroids on and flashed a nandroid to get him back where he was.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones