• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Reboot cycle after ROM Manager backup!

kartnite

Guys...

I was about to go for A2SD+.

Performed a backup using Ti. Went fine.

Then chose to backup rom (clockwork) using ROM Manager.

It booted in to a screen that showed details of stuff that were being backed up.

Reached generating checksum/md5. And that's it. :confused:

It has been rebooting. Ad infinitum! Vibrates, HTC Screen, blank, vibrates, HTC Screen, blank... ... ...

I tried rebooting via HBOOT and chose recover. No use.

Please help me out. :( :( :(

Was able to RESTORE the latest (and only) backup from Clockwork Mod Recovery (at HBOOT).

But the phone seems to function a lot slower now (post recovery). I deleted the ROM Manager backup (under "manage" options in ROM manager).

To be honest... The whole thing scared the cr^p outta me!

Any idea WTH happened out there..??? :(

Apparently if you root using that version, boot loop can ensue after first nandroid back up. Once restored apparently it is ok

Yeah... I rooted using 3.21. But then I happened to read about A2SD+ and wanted to try it out.

So... Took a backup of everything using ROM Manager (if that's wht u call "nandroid" backup). As described, it went fine till the md5 checksum bit and that's it. Entered in to a reboot cycle.

I removed the battery, turned the device on via HBOOT. Wouldn't recover.

Waited for another 5 mins, tried again (recovery, btw, automatically showed the clockwork mod options) and hit restore...

Yeah, things have been fine. BUT. The device has been rather "sluggish"/slow... I was shell-shocked with the constant reboot. Did not read abt it anywhere...

Do you mean to say any further backup using ROM Manager (aka. nandroid) will go just fine? Or do you suggest an alternative.

Thank you for the response, dude...

Yeah... I rooted using 3.21. But then I happened to read about A2SD+ and wanted to try it out.

So... Took a backup of everything using ROM Manager (if that's wht u call "nandroid" backup). As described, it went fine till the md5 checksum bit and that's it. Entered in to a reboot cycle.

I removed the battery, turned the device on via HBOOT. Wouldn't recover.

Waited for another 5 mins, tried again (recovery, btw, automatically showed the clockwork mod options) and hit restore...

Yeah, things have been fine. BUT. The device has been rather "sluggish"/slow... I was shell-shocked with the constant reboot. Did not read abt it anywhere...

Do you mean to say any further backup using ROM Manager (aka. nandroid) will go just fine? Or do you suggest an alternative.

Thank you for the response, dude...

I had the same issue on my first Rom Manager backup. I have never had the same issue since but I now use the recovery console now to do backups.

Steve

Ah, ok. WIll try doing a backup again.

ANd can you pl tell me wht you mean by "recovery console" to backup something? Are you referring to a backup option provided by something other than the ROM Manager?

Rom manager puts update.zip of clockworkmod recovery on SD and boots to that. However unrevoked replaces HTC recovery with clockworkmod recovery anyway.

Just boot into recovery normally and backup from there.

Vol down, power in. Select recovery using vol to navigate menu and power to.select

Wow, just stumbled on this thread after looking around for a few hours. Was already in process of trying to restore it. So currently it's restoring, well, a bit later, finished and YES, it's booting further...

Back
Top Bottom