• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help root NGM QUASAR (seems same as A75)

FrankWah

Hi guys, first of all sorry for my english..i'm italian lol

i have an NGM QUASAR and this phone is estetically equal to Micromax A75 and it seems to have the same hardware (mt6573 CPU, 512mb RAM, 320x480 3.75" multi-touch screen and 512mb ROM of which the user can use only 154mb..tell me if i can post links to the producer website)..

i would like to root this phone and i would ask you if i can follow the same guides made for the A75 and the same files of the A75..

thanks in advice :)

first of all, Welcome on the forums :)

To start with , What all resources do you have of the device ?
Like do you have boot / system images etc ...

Hi, thanks!

I have the whole firmware, provided by NGM itself, contained in a zip folder. In the zip file i have the system folder and the boot.img file. To update the phone i have to put the zip into the sd and apply update by recovery.
In this moment i haven't the phone with me because i send it to the custom care..

i have a question..

who can say me what happen if i flash a wrong rom? i could brick my phone? can i retrive it then?

Hi..my cell came back so i started to do some tries..

if i try to flash a rom by stock recovery but it says "signature verification error"..
tried to flash the UB-a75 system.img with SPFlash but the phone remains on boot logo..
if i flash the A75's boot.img my screen became grey and the phone won't start..
I noticied that A75 an my Quasar has different scatter files and i have used the Quasar's scatter to flash img..now i restored the original firmware..
anyone has ideas?

Scatter file guides the Flash tool about the partition and if it has some changes then you should just try to flash the system img via Flashtool. And if the UB-A75 system img is flashed and u are stuck on boot this also means that the firmware of you phone is different from the frimware of A75 so you need to change them first and then flash the system img and to change the frimware file you need to open the system img via yaffey-v0.2-win32 or any yaffs tool and you need to change the files in the system/etc/frimware folder with your phones frimware. and if you have radio files instead of frimware then you have to delete frimware folder and paste your radio folder where its located in your phone system.

I replaced UB-A75 firmware folder with my phone's one and flashed the system.img whit SPFlash using my phone's scatter file but at the end i have EBOOT ERROR :(14013) and the phone stucks on the boot logo..

EDIT- i have changed the usb port and the flash ended successfully, but the phone continue to stuck on the boot logo..

if i flash the whole a75 firmware (included preloader and everything else) on my phone i risk to brick it?

Dint you changed the permission of the files after replacing them you need to set the permission as r-w-rr so do it and then flash the system img again and report back.

Nothing..all files in the firmware directory have -rw-r--r-- permission settedby yaffey but the phone continues to stuck on the boot logo..

Buddy when you browse to the file over then you will find option to change the permission by right click on the file and select properties or else select the file and in the top there you will find properties and in the properties you will find checkboxes so just check read and write in user and read in group and read in all and leave the special and other checkboxes unchecked.

Even on my Web site i have mentioned that the stuff is ONLY FOR A75 and i have made a separate page for the FLY device .... I dont know Why did you try that even after that !!!
I have a experience with the FLY A75 clone rooting , hence made it clear that though these devices are same hardware wise, the software is different ...
Anyways, if you flash that UB-1 system.img, sure your device is going to fail :)

Though the device is not booting up now, I dont think its a problem ...

Now, lets solve the problem ....
You mentioned in a post that you tried replacing the system.img from UB-1 to your device firmware ....
Can you just upload this firmware to some Hosting site so that I can have a look at it ? I think if you have the firmware of your device, I can sure root it ! also you will be fail safe if the root does not work you will have a work device anyways :D :p

Waiting for the Firmware file ;)

Are you sure that your phone is same as A75 and did you have the files like system img boot img and recovery img and all others of your phone if yes then check with the sytem files and compare if the sytem files in UB-A75 are same like folders and also if there is something different.

Ninad is correct so upload your files and provide the link to Ninad he is the best person to help you out of this problem. So just upload all the files of you stock and provide the link.

Okay and haan after uploading with the download link provide the specification and also if you have the screenshots of your phone or the pics of your then provide them also so that Ninad can know how and what your devices looks and have in it.

... these devices are same hardware wise, the software is different ...

So what you think could happen if i flash the whole A75 firmware on my phone using the A75's scatter file (including preloader and everything else) ?

Btw, this are the phone specs

TFT 3,75" 320x480 HVGA - 160dpi Multi-touch screen

Dual sim

2G Network GSM Dual-Band 900/1800

3G Network 2100 MHz

Dual Sim Dual Standby (DSDS)

Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread

MT6573 CPU 800MHz, Arm11

RAM 512MB

ROM 512MB

5.0 MP rear camera with flash

VGA front camera

Acellerometer, brightness sensor and proximity sensor

Magnetic sensor

Tipo Li-Ion 1300 mAh battery

Estetically the phone is an exact copy of the micromax A75..

The firmware's link:

http://www.ngm-mobile.com/images/Telefoni/WEMOVE QUASAR/Downloads/firmware_Quasar_IT_V16.zip

Hope it helps!

A75 is Arm6 camera is 3mp ram n rom are 200 n 162user+185system.

P.S. Today I have completed 1year on Android Forums.

A75 is Arm6 camera is 3mp ram n rom are 200 n 162user+185system.

P.S. Today I have completed 1year on Android Forums.

thanks for pointing that out ! else i would have to crawl the internet for the differences :p

For the memory thing, thats not a big deal as mods in the scatter file can be used to do the same ... as i have posted in the analysed Scatter thread .

for the camera, i think there are roms where even A75 shoots at 5mp , I still dont know how :o

Btw, Congo for the 1 year ;) :D .....

It would be a really good thing if the firmware of the A75 works on my phone because of the number of ROMS for A75. But if this firmware won't work, i can recover the phone then?

Back
Top Bottom